Chapter Two

= Blake =

I was currently up in my bedroom speaking with my girlfriend, Vivian, over the phone. Today is our fourth year anniversary. We've been together since the start of our freshman year and are still going strong up till now. We plan to enter the same university once we graduate in July. It's a good thing that the university is good for business while she goes in for her swimming scholarship. 

"Babe," Viv whined. "I miss you. When are we going to meet again?" I let out a small chuckle, loving how she tells me that she misses me and wanted to meet again. It was difficult to see one another lately since I've been leaving campus early almost everyday now since I'm close to the coming of age ceremony. I can't wait for that day. That would be when I can announce who I want to have as a wife. 

"Babe, you know I have work to do here. I have to train to take over the company and the throne soon." I explained.

She moaned seductively over the phone, causing my jeans to tighten uncomfortably. 

Stupid jeans.

"But babe, I want to see you again. And I thought that maybe, you'd be up for a movie?" she said as her tone further dropped seductively into a whisper.

I chuckled as I shifted in my seat, then a knock was heard from my door. "Soon babe. Soon. I gotta go. My dad is probably the one calling for me."

"Awe, okay love. See you soon then. And call me when you can. Muah!" I chuckled as I ended the call and went towards the door. I opened a small crack to prevent the intruder from seeing my... southern region.

"Your highness, your father has called for your presence in the throne room," the guard, Gregory, said.

"I'll be there in ten minutes." He bowed and walked off to notify my father.

Well. Time to take a quick shower.

~*~

I walked into the throne room to see both of my parents on their thrones. The lights from the glass chandeliers above glittered against the gold throne chairs, reflecting sparkling light off of it.

"Son, come closer. Your mother and I have important news to tell you," my father said sternly. I bowed in respect as I came closer to the bottom of the steps.

"Father," I said. "You have called for me?"

"Your are to be wedded in three months."

My heart leaped into my throat as shock and disbelief filled my mind. How can he just say that so quickly?

"A-are you jesting?" I asked, fear gripping my entire being. Please say no. Please say that you're joking. The coming of age ceremony wasn't until next year. I don't even think Vivian is ready to take over so soon!

"No son, I am not. You are to be wedded with the daughter of the Barnes family; Camilla Barnes."

I looked into my mother's eyes, then back to my father. They were serious. They were serious about this. I can't get married now! I still have so many things to do. Things I still want to accomplish in my life. I have a girlfriend for heaven's sake!

"I cannot."

His eyebrows rose in question, waiting for me to explain myself.

"I cannot wed Miss Barnes. I have a girlfriend. Vivian Rose. I can't just-"

"You can, and you will. To be able to take over this kingdom and the company, you must wed her. In addition, the bride chosen for you is one who is deemed right for you. You have to-"

"No. I don't have to. I will not wed her. I love Vivian. She is the right one for me, not Camilla. I will not marry her."

"Then you will not gain the throne nor the company. I'm sure River or Niall wouldn't mind taking over the throne instead."

"They won't. Niall is the head of the Jade Kingdom's military and River is not interested in having a kingdom. They aren't rightfully trained to become CEO, no less a king."

My father glared down at me, his gaze fighting against my own. "I can always find a way. Do you underestimate me that much, son?"

Anger flowed through my veins as I stiffly bowed slightly and stormed off, my mother's uncertain eyes and my father's angered ones being the last things that I saw.