Chapter Seven

= Camilla =

It's been two weeks since I last saw Blake.

Every time we had passed one another, he had looked away, a glare set permanently on his face as he stomped off.

I've been staying in the palace's library, just reading the days away. The only time I'd leave is when I was to eat, sleep, or take bathroom breaks.

I sighed.

I needed some air.

I stood up, shutting the leather-bound book and setting it aside on the coffee table. I stood up, walking towards the window and opening it wide. The cool breeze rushed inside, blowing through my hair and setting a cool feeling against my neck. I breathed in the scent of the flower garden below me.

I don't know exactly why, but something had brought me to look downwards towards the garden. There stood a man clasped in white and blue, his emerald green eyes strikingly shines bright, his pale blond hair reflecting the light from the bright sun. His uniform clearly showing how fit he was as it hugged his body.

"Are you done yet, your highness?" His silky voice thundered. "Because I believe I will start to melt underneath your investigative gaze."

I gasped from embarrassment. "M-my apologies. I-I didn't mean to... to... um," I stopped and smacked my hands to my cheeks. "I'm sorry..."

He chuckled in amusement. "No worries your highness. I just find it quite amusing that a beautiful lady like you would find me, as some would say, attractive."

"N-now don't get cocky. I didn't find you attractive. I was just, observing."

"Observing my body?"

Oh my goodness. Kill me now.

"N-no! That's not what I-"

"No need to explain your highness. I get that a lot. Now, I'm afraid I have to cut this conversation short, for I must go and meet someone." He gracefully bowed and smiled at me one last time before walking off.

I watched him walk off, speechless from such behavior. What just happened?

~*~

I shut the book closed, finishing the romantic novel between a witch and a knight. Their story had been about the humans despising witches, causing them to go into hiding. One of the witches had been searching for food and supplies for her people, and stumbled upon a handsome knight. In fear of him harming her people and getting them killed, she ran, and instead of running home, she ran the opposite way. He caught up of course, and instead of killing her, he helped her.

My heart squeezed from their love story, remembering about the love and pain they had gone throughout the whole story. I instantly fell in love with their story. All of the emotions that had been drawn out through each word from its pages. I went up to the book shelf and slid it back into place before a shadow had hovered over me.

In shock, I turned as a hand then slammed against the shelf beside my head.

"Blake? You scared me. What are y-"

"I recommend that you keep your legs shut in front of men. Or anyone for that matter, for people would think that my wife was a sl*t."

My eyes widened in fear. "W-what are y-"

"What? Did you think I wouldn't know? You're probably sleeping with the whole army in this palace. You're such a wh*re, you b*tch." He growled. "Stop whatever affairs you have with every man you see, for my reputation would be ruined from your latest hook-ups."

His hand pushed himself away from me, clearly showing how disgusted he was of me, and sped away.

I slowly slid down the bookshelf, letting out a breath that I didn't know I was holding, and let the tears slide down my face from the fear and disgust I had just experienced.