Chapter Twenty Five

= Camilla =

It's been three days since that incident, and Blake does not let me get the chance to breathe at all. He had assigned six guards with me. The "best" ones as he ordered. Niall was even requested by Blake to protect me and asked for his best men. At first, Niall denied saying that he was in the middle of investigations, but then Xander said that he'll take care of the investigation. So now, here I am eating chocolate mousse cakes with Eve and Kade as Ali flirted with Niall. Or, at least attempted to.

"So, you're twenty-two? Then you're four years older than me. Do you mind dating someone like me?" Ali questioned curiously.

Niall remained passive and stared ahead. Earlier, he had ordered the other five guards he was with to stay at their posts, which were evenly divided to surround us in the garden. Niall remained closest to us by standing right in front of the arch that made an entryway to our table.

"You're not gonna answer me? Oh my goodness, is that a smile I'm about to see?" Ali giggles.

I bet we wasn't trying to smile based on his posture. He was tense and looked as if he were about to burst out of frustration, not interest. Ali had this wide grin of hers plastered on her face as she stared at Niall, waiting for him to speak to her. Except, he didn't budge. I admire that actually, because I would've cursed and ran off a long time ago.

"So how've you been Mills? Enjoying the married life?" Eve wriggled her brows.

I felt heat move up my neck to my ears. I picked up my cup of rose tea and took a large gulp to try to wash down the chocolate taste. "Well, I mean, it's alright. Nothing really changed much."

Eve have a knowing smirk. "Aww. Is the little wifey still waiting for her hubby to make the move?"

Kade choked on his cake and began patting his chest and quickly picked up his rose tea to wash it down.

I rose a brow. "Make what move?"

Kade cleared his throat and smacked his hand onto Eve's mouth before she could say anything.

"Nothing Millie. She meant if he's trying to get you know you."

I hummed. "Well, yeah. I mean, we've sort of become more like friends."

Kade yelped out and swung his hands around in the air while Eve smiled with triumph. "Gross Eve. Keep your tongue to yourself would you?"

Eve stuck out her tongue at him and he drew back into his seat. "We're you friends when you were kids though?"

I shrugged, running my fork over the trail of chocolate left over on my plate. "Yeah. But he probably doesn't even remember about it. He doesn't seem to recognize me or mention it in any of our conversations."

"Did you try asking him?"

"I think I did once. I tried to hint about it, but it seems like he didn't get it either."

"Oh. That sucks. How about I whack him in the back of the head to see if it makes the fog go away?"

"Eve! You can't say that. If you said that in front of anyone here, they'll take that as a threat and throw you into the prison cell! I don't wanna visit my friend with bars between us."

Eve shrugged and Kade rolled his eyes at her. My friends alway act as if they never seemed to care about their lives being on the line. They're the types to say whatever they need to say, whether good or bad.

"Anywho, I think we should call back Ali. Looks as if Niall is about to blow his cool," Eve nodded over to where Ali was now laughing at Niall's face, where his eyes were closed as he took deep breaths in order to calm himself. I scoffed and stood up, heading towards Niall to save him from Ali's continuous attempts at flirting.