Chapter Thirty-Four

= Camilla =

"A date?"

Blake nodded, an adorable smile plastered on his face as he kneeled in front of my reading chair.

"We never got the chance to go out on a real date, so I think we should try doing it now."

I rose a brow. "Okay then. What do you want to do?"

Blake smirked and placed a quick and hard kiss on my lips before standing back up. 

"Meet me in the garden at seven tonight. Dress comfortably and warm since it'll be cold tonight."

I couldn't believe it, but Blake let out a small excited giggle and dashed out the door. I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle from his humorous antics. His cute smile with his two dimples seemed to have brightened with the blush he tried hiding from me. Seeing that made my heart warm and flutter. 

I couldn't help the feeling that only continues to grow with his behavior. My smile had begun to dim as I thought back to our deal. 

Never fall in love with me

I sighed. I made a promise, and I will keep that promise. 

What he doesn't know won't hurt him. 

I just have to keep it together and keep my mouth shut.

I shut my book and glanced up at the large grandfather clock in between the curved staircase. It was still an hour past noon.

"Now, what should I wear tonight?"

~*~

I shouldn't have said anything. 

I've been sitting on my vanity chair since two this afternoon, and now it was almost time for the date. 

Grace had noticed my perplexed expression as she passed by me in my closet. She had asked me what was wrong and I may have just dug out my own grave when I told her that I had a date with Blake tonight.

We went full on Godzilla and asked me why I didn't tell her earlier as she rushed over to the maid's chambers. in less than five minutes, she had gathered nearly half of the maid employees into my room as they helped me prepare for the date. 

I told her it was just going to be something casual and simple, but she was like, "Nonsense. Nothing is normal in this palace. You mustn't hesitate to make yourself glow! And maybe it could help you and his highness with an heir," and she had the audacity to smirk!

I mean- What?!

I groaned as I switched into different dresses and outfits in my closet, maids frolicking back and forth between cute and sexy outfits. 

When it was almost time for me to go, Grace and the others stepped back from me and stared with awe and pride. 

"You're so beautiful your highness."

 I smiled at Grace, who had a slight glimmer in her eyes. Well, they all seemed to have that emotion, but anyway.

I slowly turned around to peek into the mirror, and let me tell you, my jaw dropped. I did look beautiful. Not the glamourous excessive kind, but more of the simple, elegant kind of beauty. It wasn't too much yet too little. 

I wore a light, pastel purple chiffon dress with puffy sleeves that ended at my elbow. I had it paired with golden sandal-heels that had a thin ankle strap around my ankle. My make up was simple and looked more natural as they hinted a peachy colored tint to my lips. The only jewelry on me was a pair of simple pearl earrings that dangled on a thin silver chain. My hair was slightly curled and was swept to the side.