Chapter Five

= Camilla =

Today was the day.

The day where I bind my life together with my childhood crush.

Blake Royal

The man of my dreams.

I stood in front of the surrounding mirrors, it's a reflection of myself in a gorgeous wedding gown that I had never dreamed of being in. My hair was curled, pinned, and decorated to the side with a small brooch that was shaped into branches.

My heart was beating so loud, that I could feel it in my head. So many "what ifs" ran through my mind.

What if I tripped and fell? Would people laugh and point at me for face planting the ground?

What if I forgot my vows? Would Blake not take me seriously for not practicing as much?

What if-

"You look exquisite, darling."

I turned to see my father with a small smile on his face. His eyes were filled with tears, and I could tell that he was trying hard not to cry.

"Thank you papa."

He sniffles and came over to give me one of his famous bear hugs. Tears began to well in my eyes, causing my father to lecture me.

"No crying today sweetheart. You'll look like a bride who hasn't slept in ages. Come on honey, brighten up." I sniffled and took deep breaths, causing my tears to slowly dry up.

"There we go! That's the bride I was looking for. Let's get going before your mother throws a fit."

I nodded and wrapped my around around his, leading myself towards the alter where my soon-to-be husband was waiting for me.

~*~

= Blake =

Holy shit fuck

I was late.

I completely forgot about that stupid wedding.

My mother and father had been calling my cell for a few hours now. They didn't even have their secretaries call me! That meant I was in deep shit.

I mashed my foot on the pedal of my sports car and rushed over in about half the time. 

I sighed as I got to the location of the wedding reception, parked my car, and went over towards the back of the building. Apparently, it was in a garden, something that Cecelia or whatever-her-name-is had picked. Once I got close to the entrance to the alter, a phone rang. Quickly taking it out, I answered.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Vivian cried.

My heart stopped. So did my entire body.

How did she find out?

"Look babe, I-"

"Don't you babe me! How could you? I thought we were more than that! Was I just some fling that you had at your beck-and-call?"

"No babe! That's not it! I was forced to marry the wench! Honest!"

Silence welcomed me. Dread flowed through my veins. Would she end our relationship? Over her?

"Meet me at my place 3 pm sharp."

That's all I got before my phone beeped, signaling that she had ended the call.

~*~

= Camilla =

By the time I got to the entrance, the orchestra began to play, which had signaled the guests to stand and turn my way. I nervously walked slowly towards Blake, my father leading me towards my fate. The veil covered my face, which sort of gave me to opportunity to glance up at Blake. His expression wasn't something I had expected. His face was grim, frowning down at me as if I were a cockroach coming towards him. By the time I got there, my father hesitantly put my hand onto Blake's, and then whispered into his ear. Blake stiffly nodded, and pulled me towards him as my father let me go.

I timidly went forward to face Blake. His eyes had shown clear disgust and regret within them, causing me to feel guilt for being the only one who is happy about this wedding. My smile had become smaller and smaller as time went by.

As we stated our vows, his had been monotone, as if ashamed to be saying such a thing to everyone. To me.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Holy mother of mercy.

I completely forgot about the damn kiss!

Both of us had tensed as Blake moved forward to slowly move my veil. I lifted my head to look up at him, his eyes full of anguish. He came close to my face, causing me to shut my eyes as he quickly and barely pecked my cheek.

The crowd had stood up and clapped politely as we stood side by side. We didn't even hold hands as we had walked towards the car to the new home that we would occupy. By the time we had reached the car and drove off, my breath had finally let itself go.