ONE

NTOMBENHLE MNISI

I am standing at the balcony, adoring this wonderful place. It is 5am and I can see the sun rising from the East. The nerves are killing me, I could not go back to sleep, today is it my big day. I get back inside my hotel room and call for room service and order for breakfast. My phone beeps and I look at it, it is my cousin, Nonhle reminding me that I am married, I gladly reply with "Can't wait." I stare at my wedding gown hanging up on the rail, I smile to myself and shed a tear, if this was any other day, I would have been very excited. But now my parents are forcing me into marriage for their own selfish reasons. A knock hits my ears, I quickly wipe my tears and walk to the door before I opened it, it's room service. I directed him to the balcony, he left after placing my food on the table. As I was indulging on my pancakes and coffee, people barged into my room singing hoping to wake me up, lol. I was long time awake. It was Thandeka, Nonhle my cousin, the photographer and my sister Mbali. Thandeka and Nonhle are my bride's maids, in fact Thandeka is my maid of honor.
"It's a wedding day, a wedding
Day
It's a wedding day
Uyashada nam'hlanje"
They keep repeating the lyrics with a step in between the lines as I joined them in. The woman photographer who came with them was capturing all those moments. I looked at my bride's maids wearing silky red robes printed "Bride's Maid" in white bold italics as I was wearing a white one printed "The Bride", same fonts, just red in colour.

Nonhle:"Usu qedzile nokudl' ibreakfast!?" (You are even having breakfast.) She looked at me shocked.
Mbali:"She seems to be ready for this day! Sis'wam, utiva njani?" (How are you feeling?) I shrugged
Ntombi:"I am nervous, hence why I seem to have woken up a bit early, I just couldn't sleep much."
Thandeka:"Ncoow... I know how to calm your nerves babes." She smirks and I already know that I have to expect anything crazy. "First thing first, I have ran you a warm bath so you can bath because the hair and make up artist will be here in 20 minutes. So right now while we wait..." The was a knock on the door and she went to open. She got back with a tray of four glasses and a bottle of champagne.
Thandeka:"Can you do the honors by popping this and make a toast to you you." As the bottle popped, the room was filled by our loud screams. We raised our glasses as soon they were filled.
Mbali:"No matter the outcomes of this marriage, at least you will have your dream wedding."
Nonhle:"And sidla imali ka mkhwe!" (We are spending your husband's money.)
Thandeka:"And I might find myself a man."
Ntombi:"And I am going to enjoy my wedding with you by my side, thank you so much for everything. I love you guys." We clicked our glasses together and sipped.

Thandeka:"You need to have more of champagne, no make that something more stronger."
Ntombi:"What the hell, No! I can't risk stumbling my way down the aisle."
Nonhle:"Come on gogo, just one shot." She makes puppy eyes. I look at my sister but she shrugged.
Ntombi:"Ok, fine!" I took one bottle of a shot that was a complimentary drink when I checked in the hotel and we all counted up to three before we downed the shots. There was another knock, Mbali went to open and came back with the make up artist and that was my cue to go take a bath whilst they start on their make up since well they seemed to have already taken a bath.