FORTY-ONE

NTOMBENHLE MAYIZA

My alarm goes off and I knew it was time for me to wake up. I look next to me and Lindokuhle is sleeping so peacefully and it makes me very sad to have to wake him up but, we have to.

"Baby, wake up." I shake him a little but, it is just the same as shaking a dead body. This little man is a deep sleeper.

I pull the sheet off him, his hands wander around trying to get hold of the sheet, I am sure the little thick air hit him. He still has his eyes close so I decide to cover him again with the sheet and leave him to sleep, or maybe I should just tag him to work rather than having him to stay with the nanny alone.

I get off the bed and saunter to the bathroom and sit on the toilet seat to pee. As soon as I was done, I stripped off my sleep wear and got into a shower. I open the faucet and let the water run on me. I smear the shower gel on the sponge to wash my body. I was not much of a fan of showers but living with Luyolo, you learn to change in a way.

Speaking of Luu, it's been a week now since he asked if I want to make us work well, what do you think I said? Okay, I asked him for a little break and hey, he was not very pleased at all. It was like I asked him to sign the divorce papers but, I only asked for a full month break. I told him that I am going to move out for a short while then come back when I am ready but instead, he moved out and booked himself in a hotel but only on a condition that he gets us a helper and a nanny and he calls me everyday morning, day and night. But now since I decided to go back to work, he calls me in the morning and in the evening only because we work at the same place unless, he is working at his company for the day then, he calls me during the day too.

I walk out from the shower to hear my phone ringing. I quickly wrap the towel around my body and rush to answer my phone, oh my baby is such a sleepyhead. My phone so loud he hears non of it.
I answer my phone, it is baby daddy.

"Hey." I say after answering.
"Hey mommy, how are you?" I miss my husband already, ah!
"I am doing fine daddy, and you?"
"I am good. How are my babies, they not giving you any trouble?" I shake my head.
"No, we are actually behaving."
"That is good to hear. Where is the big brother?"
"He is still asleep. I was thinking of coming with him to work, only for today then as of tomorrow he can stay with the nanny."
"Oh, okay. I will see you guys at the office then."
"No problem, bye."
"I love you, bye." He reminds me all the time.
"I love you too." I hung up. Ending that call, I am all smiles from ear to ear like a little girl who just saw her crush.

I sigh at the sight of my baby sleeping, it feels so wrong having to wake him up. I walk back to the bathroom to run a warm bath for him, when the water in the tub is half full, I close that taps and go and wake up my sleeping Lindokuhle, and this time I pull him gently up and take off his pajamas, mind you, I am doing all of this with his eyes closed.

"Honey come, let's get you to the bathroom and pee." I carry him to the bathroom and make him stand. "Wake up honey, come now don't you want to see daddy?" He heavily breathes so annoyed looking like his dad, remind me to ask Luyolo if he ever denied this child because he is a true copy of his father. I wonder how my baby is going to come out to look like, his father or me, who do you think he or she will turn to look like?

I flush the toilet when he is done urinating and pick him up to the bathtub, his eyes open wide as soon as his body comes in contact with his body, I chuckle.

"Good Morning my love." I pour his favourite bubble bath, making the water change to a blue colour.

I am really glad that Lindokuhle decided to stay here with me instead of leaving with his father, I think him being here has kept me sane and I am finding myself back.