TWENTY-SIX

LUYOLO MAYIZA

I rushed to Lindokuhle Gas And Oils, I named my company after my son. I made my way straight to the boardroom because, I had a meeting with new clients and I am already 15 minutes late. I bump into Tshepo on the same hallway the boardroom is at.

"Boss, thank God you are here. They were only giving you five more minutes before they cut off the deal."

"Lets not waste anymore time and get to it." He follows me to the boardroom and I am glad to see that he gave them the refreshments.

"You look happy." Logan whispers in my ear.

"I feel happy man." I make my way to my seat before we start with the agenda.

I am not sure if I should apologise for being late or not but, we are here for that now are we? I stand by the head of the table and look at the twelve eyes that are looking at me, there are only six people in the room excluding me, some look sleepy and some look high I swear I almost laughed at a client when he took his glasses off man, he looks like a ghost, oh look at Logan smirking I think he saw that too, oh no don't look at me Logan I need to focus.

"I sincerely apologise for my late coming." I apologise anyway. Fuck, the doctor's voice is still ringing in my ears "congratulations, you are pregnant", The above source knows how much joy I am filled with. Let me seal the deal quickly so that I can quickly get the hell out of here.

"Investors looking to enter the oil and gas industry can quickly be overwhelmed by the complex jargon and unique metrics used throughout the sector. This introduction is designed to help anyone understand the fundamentals of companies involved in the oil and gas sector by explaining key concepts and the standards of measurement."
I feel like a boss, LOL, what am I even saying, I am the boss. I take off my blazer and place it behind the chair and roll up my sleeves.

"Upstream, or exploration and production (E&P) company, find reservoirs and drill oil and gas wells. We the Midstream company are responsible for transportation from the wells to refineries and downstream company are responsible for refining and the sale of the finished products." I pace up and down owning the space in the room as I explain further.

"And how is the oil going to help our company?"

"I will hand it over to Logan to tell you more about it." I sit down and pour myself a glass of water and gulp it all. The meeting goes on for another hour and a few minutes damn, this are the most difficult clients I have ever had but then, we sealed the deal. I check the time on my wrist watch and same time my phone rings, fuck! My parents have long landed.

"Excuse me, I have to take this."

I walk to the window as I answer my mom's call, I know that she's going to shout over the phone. Breathe Man-Luu, my inner-self suggests.

"

Ma."

"We were supposed to find you here waiting for us immediately when we land, where the hell are you child!" As I thought, she yells on the phone.

"I am on my way ma, I got held up. Go to the restaurant and have lunch whilst I make my way there."

"Eat lunch at the restaurant, kanti umakoti aka phekanga?" (Didn't your wife cook?) Shit, my wife. If only I could split myself into two, my mom is nothing compared to my wife, my wife is a ticking time bomb she is going to explode when I get there.

"Uh-ma, I have to go, I'll see you in a sec."

I quickly hang up before she goes on. I pack all my belongings and bid my farewell to everyone.

"Are you not staying in?" I'd love to but, I have two women who are going to bite my head off.