TWENTY-TWO

NTOMBENHLE MAYIZA

I stretch my arms and my legs as I stand up from my office chair when someone budges into my office without knocking. It can only be Nobantu.

"You really need to stop that. What if I am masturbating?" She gasps, holding her chest dramatically.
"Do you actually do that, when you are alone?" It wouldn't be such a bad idea now would it?
"Maybe." I shrug.
"So naughty Mrs Mayiza." We share a brief laugh. We settle on the couch as she starts briefing me with what brought her into my office.

"About Friday's event, you know that I am well connected with people who know people right?" She is, she really is. Nobantu is more than just a PR of this company, she is in fact the face of this company. Now imagine what she will do for two companies that are about to come together as one. I stun her.
"Of course, phela wena uyi star!" (You are a star!) I point out.
"So, I made a few contacts..." I won't even ask to who. I trust her that much. "And those few contacts got me a deal with..." She smirks before handing me the green file that she has on her hands and the front cover written with big bold words reads: CHIDEMMA INCORPOTATION OF AGRICULTURE. My face beams at the sight of it. A whole deal all the way from Nigeria?
"No way!" She smiles looking very proud. If I were her I would be proud of me too because, I am fucking proud of her! Sorry for swearing but, if you also lived with Luyolo or even worse married to him like me, swearing becomes part of your language. LOL. That man can swear, very unnecessary.
"Yes way!" I jump up and down screaming out my vocals.
"So what's the deal?" I ask very excited. My dad is going to be happy. Speaking of my dad, he didn't show up today, hhm.
"They want to do business with us under the department of agriculture. Good thing is that, we found the land in a village. I did a bit of a research there about the people who are living there and the unemployment rate is very sad. I believe that, if we could buy a portion of that land and hire the people who are living in that village and work on harvesting the farm, the company could go bigger, and I am talking about Mandela kind of big." Wow. I should speak to the HR about increasing her salary.
"And both the villagers and the company will benefit." She nods.
"So, how long are we given to start with the process?"
"Approximately, two months to get everything together. I also sent you their contract via email." I wonder when she got all time to do all these. This deal is big.
"You're heaven sent."
"Uh, what's my name?" She brags. My landline rings.

"Excuse me." I say walking towards the desk and answer the annoying telephone.
"Mrs Mayiza speaking, how may I help you?"
"I should hang up and call you again . I want to hear that again, the music to my ears." I close my eyes and exhale, but not enough for him to hear me.
"Luyolo." What does he want? We hardly communicated in the morning. He avoided me to be with his baby momma so, what does he want. As for Gift, I asked him very much nicely to hold my calls and yena he decides "no, this is my boss's husband so I will put him through". (Roll my eyes).
"Enhle, how are you doing?" Why is he sounding so calm because, I feel aggravated with him.
"I am okay." It gets silent for ten to fifteen seconds before he speaks.
"Can you please do me a favour?" I keep quiet and wait for him to continue." I have just sent a car and it is on it's way to come and pick you up." What in the hell!?
"What for Luu? I am caught up with work." I am lying, my work is not much. I would have left if I wanted to earlier but, the thought of Yoniswa irks me.
"Please. There is an important file that I need in my office and it is in my safe. I only trust you in there with the password of the safe. I need you to fetch the file for me, please." Not a bad idea I mean, today I am finally going to see Luyolo's private company, not the family one uh-uh, his company! It took him quite a long time though to show me his work place.
"Fine."
"Great. See you later, I love you my Mrs me." He got me blushing and I want to throw myself on the table but I won't, I am still angry at him.
"Okay..." He hangs up.