FOUR

LUYOLO MAYIZA

Oh here she comes with her father, I still say, this woman has got a taste for days, I mean look at the décor around this amazing garden, the suits she chose for me and the groom’s men and her bride’s maids dresses, she certainly knows her thing I just wonder how the reception looks like, I might be blown away. I look at her sexy self parading towards me with one of the biggest business tycoons whom I have always looked up too, her father. Fuck, I don’t even know her name. I literally start laughing as I threw my head at the back and put my hand on my mouth which I had folded into a fist and just smile at my quarter to be my wife, my men besides me are chuckling, I think they are mocking me, this boys!

Siya:”So, this is it, Mr “Marriage is a trap” huh” He taps my back behind me.
Lubabalo & Luyolo:”It is that.” We laugh. 
My supposed wife looks exquisite in that dress, it reveals quite a lot but I am not complaining though. I hope not to get disappointed when I open that veil. Her body is to die for, man why am I catching feelings here, this is so weird. I move one step forward towards my already here bride as her father hands her to me. We shake hands and he tells me to take a good care of her before he leaves us. I hold her hand and looked at her through the Veil, I can blurry see her but I know for sure she is nervous or intimidated by me, I mean I’m on my laughing mode right now as I find this really absurd, I just cannot believe that I, a whole fucking player getting married today. Well, she got to relax because I don’t bite honey.

Luyolo:”Hi, I am Luyolo Mayiza.” I grin as I am still holding her hand.
Her:”Ntombenhle Mnisi.” I see a bit of her white teeth and I know for sure that she is smiling back at me. The pastor disturbs our moment. The Reverend begins with the program.

Rev Peterson:”Before we all settle down, I would like us to begin with a pray to bless the matrimonial ceremony brought by the two families to bind. Can we please close our eyes and bow our heads. Heavenly father, we come before you today as we are all gathered here by the Mnisi and the Mayiza family coming together to be of one family as the two children are about to say their vows and walk into marriage. Please bless this day for them and protect them through every challenge they will face as they get into matrimonial. Let them seek for you through difficult times even in good ones father Lord, make them feel your spirit all the time in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, Amen.”
I am standing facing my “wife” and I am just smiling. So my new life is about to begin now. I can even feel my subconscious feeling good about this, in fact I feel really good I don’t know why. The moment I touched her, I became weak in an instant it’s like she has an effect on me like I have known her for a very long time, weird right!
Rev Peterson:”Thank you, all may settle down.”
Everyone takes their seats 
Rev Peterson:”Is there anyone amongst yourselves seated who is against the marriage of the couple before me to get married? If so, please come forward and tell us why they shouldn’t get married right now or forever hold your peace.” 
Five, four, three, two and… Just when I was about to breath out.
Woman:”So sorry I am late, yoh I was stuck in traffic and it was crazy.” What the hell is Yoniswa's little sister doing here!? How did they even allow her in without an invitation? I clenched my jaws and I felt Ntombi's hands getting tense. Oh no wifey, that’s not my girlfriend. How did she know about the wedding? Don’t be stupid Luyolo you sent Yoniswa a message earlier and surely she informed her about my wedding and of course, Yvonne probably confronted my little sister since they are friends and she lives here around Joburg which was easier for her to get to the venue. I hope she is not here to ruin my wedding because I would hate to forget that she is the mother of my child's sibling. 
Rev Peterson:”Miss? Are you against the wedding or are you going to take a seat like everyone else?”
Yvonne:”Uh, No!” I gasped. And looked at Ntombi who was probably looking at me with a questioning look. I shrugged my shoulders and shook my head.
Lubabalo:”Bro, what’s up with her?” I shrugged again 
Siya:”Do you want me to take care of her?” 
Luyolo:”No! Let her be!” I clicked my tongue and looked deadly in her eyes. She looked quite scared. She looked down and played with her fingers. What exactly is her agenda? 
Rev Peterson:”Lady! You are wasting our time as we would like to continue with the wedding. Please sit down or see yourself out.” I almost felt sorry for her, never! She was not invited at the first place. I see her settling down very disappointed and defeated. My look can be intimidating quite a lot I know.