TWENTY-THREE

LUYOLO MAYIZA

"Welcome" I walk over to my wife as soon as she shuts the door behind her. She looks very surprised.

"Luu, what's going on?" She asks, nervously.
"Spoiling my wife, that's what's going on." I'm glad she accepts my hand into hers as I pull her towards our little picnic setup. "Do you like it?" I see a little curve on the corner of her lips, she has got pride to not let out a smile. As mad as she is at me, I know that deep down my wife is dancing.
"Mmhh." I guess that's a yes. I help her sit on the cushion as I also settle in front of her. The body hugging dress that she is wearing makes me wonder how many males out there looked at her before she made it to my office. I mean, even I cannot focus at this moment with her twins looking at me like they want to be sucked for dear life.
"Luyolo..." She snaps her fingers close to my eyes. See what I mean, I was lost in a moment.
"Yes sthandwa sam, I was still admiring you. How was work?" I pour the champagne in the flutes and hand one to her.
"Well, it was productive. We got a deal with one of the biggest companies from Nigeria but, we will discuss that as soon as the family companies merge because, it's going to need both companies to work together."
"Oh is it? I would like to know more about it but later. Right now, it's about you and I." She narrows her eyes.

"What about you and I?"
"Well last night. I came to realise how I hurt you. I didn't consider your feelings when I spoke the way I did with you and for that, I am really sorry." She shakes her head.
"You let the same woman who had her tongue inside your mouth..." Oh fuck, I thought we moved on from that. "...on the day of our wedding to come into our home. You made that decision alone Luyolo. We are married, decisions like that are meant to be taken together. How would you feel if I had to move in any of my ex's in our house? Would you like that." Just that thought makes me clench my jaws. I would bury both of them alive.
"But, that's different. Yoniswa is the mother of my child." She gets up, where the hell is she going?
"Baby jama ngoku." (Wait now.) I also get on my feet. We had our shoes off but she takes her heels in attempt to wear them but I grab them from her.
"What are you doing, Luyolo give back my shoes!"
"I don't understand, why do you hate her?" She fold her arms.
"Really? You think that I hate her? Yati, I don't get why she has to come between us. You are standing up for her and it scares me Luyolo." I've heard my name quite a lot today, I surely won't forget who I am no matter what.
"Okay, can we calm down and talk about this. Please, let's sit down." I give her already half glass of champagne.

"I understand your anger right now and..."
"You don't Luu, you don't." Her tears fall down to her cheeks. It breaks my heart seeing her crying. I cannot bear to watch her cry plus, she does that a lot lately.
"I do, and I am so sorry. I did not mean any harm when I brought into our home. I thought that, it would be better if both Yoniswa and I were there for Lindokuhle." She sighs.
"I understand." She wipes her tears. Really, does she? "But what I don't is that, she had to come to live under the same roof as me. Look, it's clear that you want Lindokuhle to feel both of his parents love and support but, that does not change the fact that, I don't want her in my house. She could have went to any guest house or some cheap hotel for that matter I don't care. Even though you don't mention me being in Lindokuhle's journey, I am here for him too, he is practically my son." She wipes her endless tears.
"Baby,, I didn't mean it like that." I feel guilty as fuck. I have put Yoniswa first before my wife. I need to fix this.
"Luu, I won't have Yoniswa disrespecting me where I live." She eats the fries from the platter. "She can have Lindokuhle visiting her whenever she misses him but, I don't want her coming over." She continues eating the food assorted in the platter. She eats quite a lot these days. Probably the reason why she has gained more curves, but very sexy, I like it.
"I will ask her to move out. Please forgive me for being inconsiderate with you. You are my wife and I should have thought of how you were going to feel about this and for that, I am deeply sorry." I use the serviette to wipe her tears before I plant a kiss on her nose going up to her temple and back to her lips and I smooch them, I am glad she responds.