Chapter 3

I know it's rude to stare at someone but I can't get my eyes of this guy. He's tall; the tip of my head must be in his chin if he hugs me. He's well built as if he owns his a private gym. He's neat and well-dressed. His aura speaks of dominance and power. He's entirely intimidating but his glance softens when it met mine. His eyes, I know it sounds crazy but maybe the wolf in my dream is his other self getting to know me. They both have the same eye color. This is maybe the meaning of my dream, to know him in a person.

He, by far, is the most handsome guy I've seen in my entire life apart from me. Hey, I won't look down on myself, I might be small but I don't look bad at all. If I'm not coward enough, girls might be drooling when I walk passed them. Just kidding. 

"Ahem.. Hey" I snapped back and shook my head. He must think I'm creepy. Straight guy staring at a straight guy, definitely creepy.

"A-ahmm, I'm n-not new here. I-I'm from the other school." I gripped tight on my book.

"Ohh that's why, you don't look familiar. What brings you here?" I explained to her about the research and the library scene and Ms. Page. It's not that I'm comfortable with them; I feel the need to explain them truthfully so I won't get in trouble. While explaining, I kept on glancing to both guys so it won't look really rude that I practically ignore their existence but it took seconds longer for the guy with blue eyes. They just listen attentively.

"Ohh , that quite a story. By the way, my name is Averys Walters and this guy is Damien Black and that guy is Zachariah Daniels." She lends her hands and I gladly shook it. Damien, the hazelnut brown eyed guy also lend his hand and to my relief, he smile, a goofy boyish smile.

"Nikolai Anderson"

"Hey zup, its quite a journey for a research assignment huh?" I smiled and shook his hands.

"Yup, but its effort paid off, your library is nice."

"You didn't shutter." I startled when Zachariah speak. I redden in embarrassment.

"S-Sorry." I looked down to my book.

"Hey, I just stating. Don't be embarrassed" he said softly. I gazed at him. He smiled and I felt my cheeks warming up. Why the heck am I blushing for this guy?

"You're library really sounds small. You should have study here if you want a bigger library." Damien told me.

"Hmm, maybe if I knew this much earlier, I would have chosen this over there. Its nice here and big. But nahh, I already adjusted well there. So I better stay there, and besides. I can't imagine dealing another kind of stupid demons." I whispered the last part but I guess they catch my last words.

"Stupid demons? Were you bullied agai—I mean were you bullied?" asked Averys. I watched her. She looked concern. I also glanced at Damien and Zachariah. Damien seemed to be waiting for answer but Zachariah, he looks like he's going to punch someone. Maybe he also hate bullies right?

"Y-yeah. I mean, as always. It's part of my normal. I don't really care about them."

"You should transfer here. It's still early; first exams are still at the end of next week." Zacharaiah said with his deadly voice. I suddenly get chills from his voice. If this guy is my bully, I would stop going to school, I swear.

"Y-y-yeah but i-ive been studying there since forever. I would love to finish my high school year there before I went out of town."

"Out of town?" Damien interacted in surprise. Why these mere strangers would care so much about me more than the people in my town?

I nod. "My d-dad decided a few days ago to transfer to another town when I finish my studies here. He hates seeing me getting bullied. I don't like him getting engage with these bullies so he can do nothing about it. I think it would be fine if I went out of town." I replied silently. I really don't know why but Zachariah gets dimmer and dimmer every time I spit a word. He's mad.

"Then you should be studying here. I'll help you—"

"No Zachariah. Its oka—"

"Its Zach and No, it's not okay. I'll help you get out of that fucking hell you called school. Don't try to change my mind. Do you understand?" I blinked very fast while looking at his very annoyed face, and I'm trying to think of a reason for his angry aura. Honestly, I'm startled and scared by the tone of his voice.

"Why?" I blunt all of a sudden. Shit, did I just say that aloud?

He, I think, suddenly realizes what he had told me. His gaze softens.

"Ahhm-"

"Well, you know, bullying is bad. And if you want to enjoy your last moment here in this area, it might as well be a good memory and not bullying. And besides, I bet you don't have a friend in your place. If you have one, they should have help you deal with the bullies. So we are offering you our friendship for you to have a better life." Averys intervened Zach. I looked at them with teary eye and throat aching. I know I'm about to cry. No one has ever wanted to be friend me. Some actually tried but I will know later on that it's my homework that they want and not me or they were afraid that if they befriend me, Jeck and friends will go after them as well. I blinked my tear as fast as I can.

"W-why do you want me to be you friend? I-I don't have anything to offer a-and I'm small and weak and coward and---"

"And that's the best reason to befriend you. We want to protect you because you're small and weak and coward. You said that yourself. You don't need to offer anything; we have everything we wish to have. We just wanna be your friend. No reason at all" Damien interrupted my speech.

I didn't hold back anymore my tears. I cried silently, ducking my face in the table. Averys hand soothes my back while another hand is caressing my head, I bet its Zach.

"I-I'm sorry I cried. It's just that no one has ever asked me to be their friend. I'm sorry I'm so soft."I wipe my tears with the handkerchief Zach had offered me. It smells so him, vanilla and strawberry, my two favorite flavor.

"Well its much better that than having two dominant toget—ouch" Damien did not finish his sentence because Zach nudge him rather harshly.

"What?" I told him. Not understanding any words he just said.

"He said nothing. So what you say?"Averys answered. I smiled genuinely and nodded enthusiastically. I've never been so happy ever since.

"I still need to tell my dad about it. This school is quite a long walk from my house. I walked home from school everyday, I don't want to hassle my dad picking me up."

"Don't worry about that, I'll fetch you and bring you home everyday." Zach insisted. I'm beyond happy. I thought my birthday will never get happier.

"Thank you." I answered quietly. He looked at me and smiled. I could melt in his gaze, I'm positive about that. He suddenly put his hand over mine. I shivered in effect of this simple gesture. Its send a thousand tiny electricity to my nerves specially to my spine and my stomach. I felt different, I felt alive. He 's a guy you dumbass.

"Well wont you go home?" Damien pulled me back from my daydreaming.

"Shit" I looked at my watch. It's almost 5:30 pm. "I gotta go home. My dad's gonna wait for me home. He must be preparing something—"

"Why?" Zach interrupted.I wanna smack myself.  Why did I say that? I will feel bad if I won't invite them.

"I- *sigh* I-Its actually my birthday. I-I-I should invite you guys b-but my dad didn't seem to be preparing something more. It has always been just me and my dad. Is it okay if you'll wait in our house while we cook—"

"Hey don't bother. It's okay. We still have to go somewhere. Right Damien?" Damien nodded. 

"And ohh, Zach can get you home. Right Zach?" I looked at Zach, he smiled and nodded.

"Lets go, shall we?" Zach gestured me to follow him.

I guess deciding to transfer school is the best decision I could ever made. 

-Misskaryaaa-