Chapter 10

"Raven, should I wait for him to call me or i'll call him first? I'm worried sick. I can't sleep if he won't tell me a thing. I hope he's okay"

I'm back at the lake, trying to clear my mind. I really don't know what to do. I want to be mad but I need to trust him just like what Raven, the person, told me. Faith. I need to have faith in him. But he's clearly hiding something away from me, how can I have faith in him? I threw again a stone into the lake. Zach, please call me.

I turned around when I heard a rustling of leaves in my back. I feared that it may be the black wolves this time. I can't die, Zach hadn't told me anything yet. I'm breathing heavily as the figure in the dark walked towards me in the moonlight. I sat still. I grabbed the biggest stone near me. I know that doesn't help but at least I will die fighting.

It was the blue-silvered eye wolf. I don't know if I should sigh in relief or still hold my guard up.

"H-Hi. I-I'm so-so-sorry to-to be he-re a-a-again." I can't set my voice straight. Shit.

Without me blinking an eye, the wolf suddenly moved in his place. It's daunting to my very core but I can't move. Unexpectedly, he changed into something which made me root in my place. He changed in to a human..my human...Zach.. my Zach. How-how-what the hell happen?

"Z-z-zach? W-what? W-w-why? H-h-how??" I'm stammering hard that made it impossible to coherent a word.

"Would you let me explain? Would you let me near you?" he asked me in the most serious tone I've ever heard from him. I blinked rapidly and nodded. This is what I'm waiting for the whole time right?

He went at my side but carefully putting a distance between us. This is what Raven had told me. He is afraid to tell me this because maybe he's afraid of losing me. I expected the worse but not this. This is uhmmm scary, I think.

I gulped hard as I tried to start the conversation. The atmosphere is so dense that its suffocating me.

"W-what are you?" I looked him in the eyes. That is why the wolf has the same eye color with Zach. He is the wolf. Ohh God, my head is starting to ache.

"I *sigh* I'm so sorry of not telling you about this. I-I'm just so so afraid to tell you. I-. "He breathed in. I'm sure he's trying his best not to breakdown. I held his hands, trying to make him feel assured. I don't know but I'm not afraid of who he is, I'm just a little daze and shock. I'm a little mad that he didn't tell me, but not afraid.

"I—We are werewolves. Me, Damien, Averys and my family and this place is our territory. Just like what you know about wolves in school, werewolves have packs. My dad is the Alpha, meaning he is the leader of our pack. He is in-charge of everything."

"So why does that boy call you Alpha? Is it because his Alpha is your father?"

"Yes, and I'm the next in line to be an Alpha. You see, my wolf is white. Every white wolf is destined to be the Alpha of a pack. My father will step down soon and I'll be hailed as the new alpha of the pack."

"Okay?" I'm still a little confuse. My brain seems to block the idea. "How about those black wolves?"

"They were Rogues. They don't belong to any of the pack. They don't have pack. They wandered aimlessly trying to destroy and kill as many pack families as they can." I nodded as I tried to absorb his words.

"So who were those – Oh so its Damien and Averys beside you all the time right? The brown and grey wolf beside you?" I remembered the wolves that first approach me.

"Yes." He turned around so I follow his gaze. We saw the grey and the brown wolf watching us from behind. "The grey one is Damien. He is my beta. He is per say my right hand. Then the brown is Averys. She is my delta, much like beta but a little lower in rank. Averys say hi."