Chapter 19

Three days after, we went back to school. I kinda feel uncomfortable because I can feel Lai's aura inside me. We were so different that I can't think of something we can integrate at. In those days, I also get to run with Zach, Damien and Avery as a wolf. It's amazing. I felt free. I'm finally myself. Some of the pack was amazed to see me in a wolf form, not to mention a white one.

Lai and Raya were pretty cool to look at. They were so sweet but competitive. Raya wanted to be dominant but Lai knows how dominate well. They both understand each other. I guess that is what mate needs to do, understand and love each other. I haven't gone to the woods for a while now. Lai won't let me sleep unless he sees his mate. And when they saw each other, they won't let go. Lai fell asleep in Raya and we both woke up in our house. I felt sick if I don't get to see Zach as well. This bond is getting stronger and stronger everyday.

"RAVEN!!" I shouted as I saw Raven in the far end of the hallway. He was, I think, walking to our Chem class. His stoic face broke into a grin when he saw me. I hugged me.

"I miss you kiddo. Guess the party blasted pretty big that the four of you didn't go to school for days" He broke the hug.

"Nahh , something happens. I missed a lot of class. I'm sure Math and Chem will be the death of me."

"Don't worry about the Chem. Prof don't check attendances so I made and passed all your assignment."

I gasped. "Ohh myy goshh!! Really? Thank you Raven! You're an angel with scary face."

"You owe me though. You owe me a lunch." He smirked as he mention. I giggled and rolled my eyes.

"I can afford to buy you a buffet of lunch if you wish to."

"Woah, Where did you get this cockiness huh? Such a shame that you have this pretty face but your attitude pretty sucks" I laughed as he talked in so much fake disappointment.

"Shut up big talker. Let's go" And we entered the classroom. I mind-linked Zach that I am going to take my lunch with Raven because I owe him so much. Zach didn't reply.

Lunch came and we went to the cafeteria. I ordered buttered shrimp, garlic flavored fried chicken and soda of course. He ordered the same thing and I paid for it. We settled down on far left of the canteen cause people were looking at us and I'm pretty uncomfortable.

I was busy talking and eating my lunch when I suddenly smelled the most amazing scent in the world, my mate.

"Zach." I called him. But his attention was all caught up to the guy in front of me.

"You ditched us for your favored friend. Great."Averys bitchily snarled. Raven just smirked at Averys.

Zach sat beside me and Damien sat on the other side beside him. Averys sat next to Raven. 

"Well, you've been with him for days. I think its my time to spend time with my best friend."

Before Zach could ever utter a word, I pinched his hands so he turned to me and I glared at him.

"Raven, this is Zach, my boyfriend and the other guy is Damien. Love, this is Raven, my bestfriend. No more no less so quit bitching around."

Raven lent his hands to Zach for a shake hands. "We finally met. I'm Arvin. Arvin Stone."

Zach, in my relief, accepted the hand and shook it. "Yeah. Most anticipated meeting huh. Why do my mate calls you Raven when your name is Arvin?"

"He's a special case." I rolled my eyes. Raven really knows how to put someone into their edge.

"What did my mate ever do to be your special case?" I can sense many emotions building up through his voice and his feelings. Jealousy, anger, possessiveness, challenged.

"I like him." Zach suddenly stood up and grabbed his collar. He looked at him with full of hatred. We followed him standing up quickly. Damien trying to hold Zach and Averys holding into Raven.

"FUCK OFF YOU---"

"Chill dude. You guys have no fun. I was just messing around."

"Zach let go of him." I used my alpha tone I've been practicing for days. It still sounds awkward but seeing Zach letting go of Ravens collar, I guess it's effective.

Raven straightened his shirt and smiled. "I like him as a friend. Just like Averys like him. Just like Damien like him. He's only a friend, best friend. I have a girl I love somewhere out of this town, so chill around. I have no intention to make move or get him from you. I just wanna protect him just like all of you wanted to protect him. Everyone in this campus knows who he belongs to."

"If you were not acting like an asshole, we would have had started our lunch properly." Averys inserted. Zach was still glaring at him. So I did the best thing I know that could calm him. I hugged him sideways and kissed his arm and mark. I marked him two days ago.

"I told you he is just a friend. Stop pulling my friend away from me." I told him sweetly. He softens.

"I'm hayyy.." he hugged me back. "I love you." I smiled. This is how to tame your wolf.

"I love you too. Now apologize to Raven and eat. Lunch time would be over soon."

"Sorry. I was just possessive of Niko. "

"No problem Alpha. Niko's quite a catch though so I can't blame you."

"How did you know about Zach being an Alpha?" Damien finally had a word.

Raven talked about hearing other wolf's gossip and about the party. The atmosphere got light as the conversation went on until all of us were laughing about the new two bickering friends, Averys and Raven. Finally, my important ones gathered up.

--------

A month had passed and I've got another routine. Morning, Zach picked me up and came to school together. We ate lunch together with Raven and his beta and delta. During my free time, Raven would take me for some snacks. We go to my house after school to study a bit. Raven went home after while the 4 of us went to the Big house to get ready for night activities. Night activities would include Alpha reports for Zach or sometimes training, training the pack for Beta Damien, and Averys and I visited borders around, very often is the southern border so I can still visit the raven. Zach hates the idea of patrolling but I really wanted to do something. And besides, Lai can also practice again while I tried to understand Lai. I am learning so much from him. On weekend, I practiced with my wolf and I am trying to remember some spells I learn when I was young. All of them seem to be gone.

Now we are on the Northern border. Some omegas assigned here was on practice with the Alpha and Beta so we volunteered to lend a help to the patrols. I changed into human sometimes when I'm patrolling. I love being in the woods. I also wanted to heighten my sense in human form. If my senses were quick ever since, I would have notice Zach looking at me. Zach told me I'm super oblivious sometimes.

I was walking around when I spotted something. From a far, I can see black figure. Three black figures who seems to be... floating? I tried to calm down and went to mind link Avery to come near me very slowly. She did.

What? She snapped. This girl is seriously having an attitude problem.

Can you see that black figures on the front? She looked at the direction.

Holy shit.. is that ... is that a mage? Black mage. Both Averys and I froze into place. We were ready for rogues, not some black mystical figure.

Then we turned around when we heard growling at our back. 6 rogues

Fuck. Niko, let Lai take over NOW. I immediately did. We launched into the rogues and fought it side by side. When there were two left, I looked back to the direction of the black figure. I panicked when I didn't see them around. I was circling around trying finding them.

Are they gone? Lai asked. I felt really uncomfortable.

No.I can still feel them. Fuck where are they... I can scanned around. Where are they?

Take over your body. You can feel them more than me. I changed into human and I tried to feel it.

I looked up and a dark figure was about to launched on me. 

-Misskaryaaa-