Chapter 26

I was running through the woods in my wolf form. Northern border has seen to have threats almost every night so I suggested patrolling this time. I am done with my mage training. Well, I had stopped doing it because I can just study the spells in the big house and I want to have more time with my mate. It was true I have been neglecting him but unintentionally for the last past months. It was hard but I needed to make everything fast.

I stopped running and transformed into human. I sense something beneath the woods.

"Raven, come here" the bird raven flew right in my shoulder. 

Raven never left me ever since, whether in human form or bird form. I now understand why my mom turned him into bird. It's very advantageous if he is a bird. He can follow me wherever I go, I can asked him what is ahead of us before we move forward plus raven bird are so typical for black mages so this raven won't be suspicious if I brought him every time. Another thing for being bird is that they can't get affected easily by any spells. I think I wanna see myself fight alongside with Raven. Someday though. 

"Don't leave me and don't transform until I said so." I walked towards the rustling of the wind. It's going beyond the territory. In the past when I'm in the woods, I would sprint on the opposite side of the rustling. Now, even when I'm scared, I need to see whatever is moving.

I stopped when I saw 2 cloaks floating and if I counted it right 5 rogue wolves in front of me and 5 at my back ready to devour me.

"What do you want?" I said in my Alpha tone. It's almost as perfect as Zach. I would be on my proudest state if I was not in this situation.

"We wish not to hurt you. Of course that is only true if you don't hurt us first. Anyways, I would like to ask you to come with me." I can feel a spell leaking in her voice. It's enticing me. Sorry for her, I've already studied a bunch of spells made by my mom. Among them is a spell for about not being affected by the spells like that. She maybe was thinking I'm still dumb about my Black mage spells. Well, I'm gonna play dumb here.

"Raven, stay close. I'm gonna play with her." I whispered to Raven.

I moved forward then stopped and shook my head. I'm trying to deceive her that I'm fighting with her spell. 

"No, I'm not going anywhere." I said stubbornly, still shaking my head.

"Ohh poor child. Stop fighting with the spell. Come with me. You can see your grandpa Hendrick, Aunt Shaira, Aunt Lobelia, and Uncle Stanley and your whole bunch of cousin. You have your family there."

I stared at her like I was really into what she was talking. I really wanna laugh but I need to be extra careful because I was surrounded by possessed rogues. "Family? Do I still have my family? I'm always alone. It's always been me and my dad. My dad is busy though."

"Ohh really? That is so sad of you. You have a bigger family with us. You should stay with us. I am your cousin. Lily. Come with me. We can help you get to your greatest potential. You are born more than you ever thought."

Blinking fast and still acting dumb, I was standing here half nervous of what she was going to say. "What you mean?"

"I think Grandpa Hendrick will tell you that. Come with me." I need to know that.

"Raven, fly at their back. Let's finish them all." I whispered Raven and he did.

I moved forward. She removed the hood in her cloak and I saw her smiling face. She is beautifully evil. She held her hand, I think, still swindled by my drama. I took it with my left hand.

"Grandpa Hendrick would be so proud of me!!" she squealed and I smiled.

"Why?"

"Because I made you come with me."

"Did you? Raven!" I immediately stabbed her heart from the dagger I made from my right hand. Raven killed the other mage beside us.

"Your family will never be mine , now be gone."

"You—." She stopped talking and fell to the ground. A rouge wolf jumped into me. I let Lai take over me. While Lai was attacking, I was busy summoning the vines and other elements I see to help Lai. Raven was also dealing with other rogue.

Lai and I were hand in hand beating the rogue. I held the rogue to whatever spells I can use while he was beating them bad. After many minutes, my wolf and I were panting hard. All the rouges are dead. Goddess, I'm so tired! I take over my body and thanked Lai. I lay on the ground tiredly. I have few wounds from the fight.

"You've done pretty well Niko. You killed 9 rouges and 1 powerful mage. I barely kill the wolf. I never thought you could summon spells even in wolf form."

"My first time though. I never used that during my practice"

"I always witness your first times." I looked at him. He was also laying the ground.

"Really? What other first times did you see?"

"Let's see. Your first walk, first crawl, first run, first time summoning both dark and light spell, first transformation, first failure , first outing, first time you seriously got mad, first time you cried out loud."

"That a whole bunch of first time there. Wow.."

"Yeah. And now your first relationship, first circle of friends, first kiss and your first time being mated" I sat right up.

"WHAT? You saw that? Fuck. You're sick. I hate you." I was panicking while he was laughing so hard.

"I didn't saw the whole thing. I was worried when you ran up the stairs. I thought you're upset that we let Zach go, knowing he was sick or something. So I went to see you in the window as a bird, then yeah .. the curtain was open. I flew right away, don't worry." I face -palmed. Shit that was awkward.

"I seriously hate you right now." I muttered. He chuckled and hugged. "Get off you freak."

"Please don't hate me. I was just worried. I'll keep it a secret. I promise not to tell any soul about that. I'm your servant, your best friend and brother. Why would I want to embarrass you?"

I glared at him. "If you tell anyone, I will permanently make you a bird. Do you understand?"

He chuckled and nodded. "I still wanna get married and have my own family." Speaking of...

"You think she was telling the truth? That she was my cousin?"

"Yup, I think I've seen her before. She, I think, is a daughter of Mage Shaira." I just nodded.

"What do you think she meant by the 'you are born more than you thought'?" I looked at him.

"I actually think you are born more than you think you are. There is a theory about your birth but I forgot to ask you mom about it." 

"You think my dad knows?"

"No. I don't think so. I hayyy, I actually just overheard your mom and grandma about that. That was before the war. I heard them saying that was the reason why they want you. That was the day I was turned into a bird" I think about it. The reason maybe heavier than I thought, right?

"I wanna go to Dark Guild." He widen his eyes. 

 "No you are not." He said sternly.

"I need to know why they're so eager to have me. I need to know why they want me this bad. They should have reason. The Grandpa Hendrick may have a reason. Maybe grandma wasn't being raped. Maybe she was brought there for a reason. I need to know so I would know where we will stand. I must know. We cannot kill the plant if we won't pull off the root. I am the root for this mess."

"So you wanted to die? What made you think we will allow you to do that?"

"We are not assured if whether we can still be alive after we get the territory. But I am sure I'm gonna die fighting and know everything about me. Mom pretty much erased my memories. I want your help Raven."

I know he'll go soft if I needed his help. 

"But what about Zach? He will certainly throw fit if he knows this one."

I looked into the woods. I hope my plan worked. I hope Zach would not hate me after this. 

-Misskaryaaa-