Chapter 24

"Why are you glaring at me now Zachariah?"I frowned deeply and said it annoyingly. He was in front of me, staring like mad.

I was reading my spell book while eating my lunch. We are in the cafeteria. I tend to multi-task now since we are short of time. There are many sighting of black mages and more rogues beyond the border since the death of the black mage. Alpha Zeke and Zach decided to make space for my dad's pack, including some white Mages, to help protect the territory. My dad was so happy that his pack was little by little uniting again. They may be everywhere but they are willing to help us now.

"You are NOT paying me attention anymore." He said poutily. Oh Goddess, such an attention-seeker.

"Zach, you know I need to finish this one. I still have my black magic to study. Mage Beatrix is such a bitch with me in trainings." I looked at Raven who just chuckled. If she is not my best friend's fiancée, I will surely throw fit on her during practice. Fortunately, she so good to me in breaks.

"Everyone was ignoring me! Everyone is busy." He ducked his head over his arms in the table. I closed my book, can't take my mate whining anymore.

"Come here" he abruptly stood up and sat beside me. He put his legs over mine and threw his arms on my neck and buried his face on my shoulder even if it looks so awkward because he's doing it sideways.

"Love, everyone is so busy because we wanted it to be done right away."

"And why the hell Damien's not talking to me anymore? My fucking best friend is not talking to me." He mumbled. I sighed. Goddess, give me strength not to smack this lonely boy in my arm.

"You ask him." I whispered. I may know but I don't want to meddle on his business.

"Please ask him for me. You're my Luna right?" I frowned. How does being Luna connect to that?

I looked at Damien who is so busy spacing out. "Damien." Everyone looked at him, except for his Alpha.

"Why are you mad at this attention whore?" Zach pinched me causing me to flinch.

"Yeah. I actually wanted to ask you about that. Are you mad at us? You haven't been talking with us since. Stefan keeps asking me not to ask you that because you will eventually tell us. But because it's open up, you must answer that now. I'll really slap you if you won't tell me." Averys immediately added. 

He looked at his food defeatedly. "I-I hayyy.. I am not mad at him. I'm mad...at the situation."

"What do you mean?" the ever tenacious Averys asked.

"This situation.. arghh" he scratched his head angrily. I feel bad for him.

"Do you want me to tell them?" I caught everyone's attention even this boy at my lap.

"You knew?? Why the hell didn't you tell me? I'm turning into fucking nuts thinking what the fuck I did wrong to make him mad." I rolled my eyes on him. He doesn't sound mad. He sound annoyed.

"Yeah. But it's not my story to tell, stupid." I tried to remove his arms on me but he remains firm.

"I. Really. Really. Really. Hate not knowing anything Damien. You NEVER EVER hide something from me" Now this Averys sounds mad.

"I.. I oh goddess , please don't be mad Averys. It's been so hard for me. Hayy , Okay. Let me talk okay? No distraction. I'll stop talking if someone interrupted me, I swear. Ahhm,  I- I found my mate. And we have been getting along pretty well on our first and second week after meeting. Then, Alpha assigned me patrolling the border again. I know I shouldn't be mad but haayy, it's been weeks since I last saw my mate. It's frustrating as fuck but again I am the pack's beta. I have an oath of taking care of the pack. So I'm sorry for the misinterpretation Alpha. I'm not mad at you. I'm frustrated at the situation."