Chapter 20

I rolled to the ground as someone tackled me on the side. Standing between the black mage and me was a topless big guy with big shoulder facing his familiar back on me.

"Raven?" I shakily say. I'm still trembling with fear.

"Get the hell out of here. Run as fast as you can" he said while still not making a move.

" Ahhh the traitors. Well, move away you petty creature. We want that boy."

"You have to get to me before you can touch him." I could see a ghost of smile in her lips beneath the black cloak shes wearing.

"Get him!" The other two other figure moved their way to Raven. Raven turned into bird and flew at the back of the mage then turned into a human again and stabbed him at the back. His wincing caused me to bolt awake then tried to stand up. I turned to a wolf to run but the black mage who Raven was talking earlier went in front of me. I growled.

"Not so fast good boy. YOU'RE coming with me." before she can lay a finger on me, a wolf attacked her at the back. It was Zach. He fought the black mage who was taken aback. She tried to fight back but because she was startled, she was pinned down aggressively that she can't even move her cloak.

"Get off Zach! You cannot just kill a mage just like that. Pin her down and hold her for me." Raven spoke.

Zach held her and Raven stabbed her in the heart. "Say hello to Hell, stupid" The mage turned into ash.

Zach transformed and ran into me. He scooped and hugged me tight. "Are you alright?"

"Yes I am." Then I remembered. "Shit, Averys!" We looked at Averys. He was holding a rogue, crying.

"H-He was,.. He was my mate.." She said while sobbing. We looked shocked.

"What? Why the hell did you attacked him if you know he's your mate?" Damien retorted angrily.

"I-I----"

"She hasn't felt the connection when they were fighting. That wolf is under the spell of the Black mage. When the black mage died, the spell also died and Averys immediately felt the connection which was pretty late."

"He is still alive." Damien insisted as he held the pulse of the wolf.

"Bring him in Damien. Let's go home. Arvin, your coming with us. You have lots of explanation to do." We went off.

--------

We put the rogue wolf in the infirmary of the house and the pack doctor tended him. Averys was crying her heart out in Damien's shoulder. Zach was holding me tight since I was still pretty shaken up. Raven was leaning on the wall standing at the side when my dad came in.

"Son?! Ohh my goddess! Are you hurt?" he checked my arms and back.

"No. Not really. I was just.. I was just taken aback. I didn't expect to see a mage." Alpha Zeke and Laura went in too. Alpha Zeke looked at me.

"I heard the attacked made a while ago. Are you okay Niko?" I nodded. I looked at Raven.

"Arvin!? Holy Hell!" My dad knows Raven? How many other people in my life does my father know?

"Alpha Niall. It was Shaira's minions. I think the black council didn't know that Shaira's minions move to their own accord. Mage Shaira don't go without a plan."

"Arvin, what are you?" Everyone looked at Raven when Zach asked him.

"I am Arvin Stone, a black Mage on the side of the white. My family went alongside with Alpha Zach when we learned that Mage Lyra was their Luna. I grew up as a servant of Alpha Niall, specifically the servant of the little Alpha Niko. And yes Niko, I was the Raven in the lake you're always talking with. I became a raven when Mage Lyra turned me into one. She said I can able to oversee Niko if I can fly high."