Chapter 18

Zach POV

A/N: The italicize portion of the story is the mind-link conversation. Please be guided. 

As our fathers conversed, I felt my mate silently writhing beside me. I panicked and I get off him.

"Love! Niko! What's happening?" My heart was stammering so hard. I should have not marked him. It feels like it's my fault he's suffering.

All of the us rushed to Niko's side while I was still holding his hands.

"I think his wolf is trying to take over his body." As if on cue, Niko started twisting and soon, a big white wolf with black outline in his ears appeared right before our eyes. He was so majestically beautiful.

"My son's wolf. Great to see you Lai." I was guessing that the wolf's name is Lai.

The wolf howled a little to Niall and he looked at me. My wolf was bouncing up and down in my head.

MATE! MY MATE!!

He lunged into me and licked my whole face as I was hugging him.

"Lai. Get off your mate. I need to talk to you." Niall used his alpha tone that amazes me. Wow, that was scary. The wolf gets off.

I'll be back at you, my mate. I wanna see my wolf mate. I startled as I heard a sexy voice in my head.

I wanna get out!! I wanna get out!!! I rolled my eyes as my wolf demanded me to get out.

No Stay! He needs to talk to his father. We'll be beside him later, okay? It's a family matter so stay.

My wolf whined and settled back. I returned my attention to Niko's wolf. He is big, just like me and he is quite intimidating. You'll never know that this is Niko if you haven't seen him turning into wolf. He jumped of the bed and went straight to Averys and Damien.

My mate's Beta and Delta. Please to meet you. We looked at him in awe. This is like another person and not Nikolai. He sounds so .... confident and powerful. He moved towards my mom and my dad.

Please to meet you again Alpha Zeke. He bowed. He looked at mom. This must be your Luna.

"She is. Her name is Laura, Laura Daniels. You were so little the last time I saw you." The wolf immediately connects to all of us. Wow, my mate's wolf is something.

Ahhh the war. Yes, I clearly remember. It was so sad. I lost my mom. Dad, Alpha .. He went straight to his father and Niall hugged him. They let go and the wolf went to my side.

"I'm so sorry for locking you away. I didn't—"

No Alpha, it's okay. I already know it all along. Luna asked me about it for many times. She knows the war was coming and she told me to keep it from Niko.

"So what happen to you inside Niko?"

It's sad. I can't defend him when those bullies are everywhere. I tried to set free when he was 13 but the spell is quite strong. I tried to communicate with him but my voice can't reach his mind. It's frustrating that I can see everything that's happening to Niko but I can't take part of it. I'm sorry Alpha. I promise to tell Niko everything.

"No it's okay. I'm glad that you can still remember."

Has the Black mage made any move?

"Hey hold on! I can't keep it anymore. I know it's a family matter but can I ask? I know it's not just me who is curious about you. Why do you sound like.. ahhh how will I put this? So knowledgeable? And you sound nothing like Niko. Niko is so sweet and you're ahh scary.." Averys, with her smart mouth, chimed in. I looked at Damien who looked embarrassed about Avery. She is so nosy. But I had to agree with her this time. 

Delta. I had my first training when I was 2 years old. My mom, she was so knowledgeable, I think I get that from her. No offence Dad. I learned to know everything about wolf. Dad trained me physically when I was 3 and a half. Niko is very quick-minded and he learns everything in an instant. When we were young, we both love to discover anything as we easily get bored. When I was locked up in his mind, I wasn't just sleeping there. I looked at things through Niko's eyes. I was growing pretty faster than Niko. Why does it feel like I am different from Niko? Because I was trained to be strong and responsible just like Dad while Niko was trained to be someone else, something magical. We felt distant because it's always part of Niko that was soft and gentle, just like mom. I was planning that after I tell Niko about everything; we will start to move as a team. I don't want to tolerate NIko's goodness. He is so kind that some others use him.

We fell so silent listening to him then suddenly my dad spoke. "Wow, my son has to learn many things from you."

"When are going to to tell Niko everything?" I asked

There is time for everything. But since he was listening right now, I'm pretty sure it won't take too long for me to tell him. He needs time to absorb everything. And it's time for Niko to take over my body.

We fell silent and suddenly Niko was laying beside me. He flutter his eyes open and he smiled.

"Are you okay?" He nodded.

"My wolf, Lai, was pretty intimidating. I never know I have a side like that. It's amazing."

"I was kinda scared of you for a while Niko. Your wolf is seriously frightening." – Damien

"I should learn something from him" He stood up and twisted his neck and body, much like trying to crack the hinge of his unused bones.

"How do you feel son?"

"I'm hungry." And we all laugh.

"Let's go downstairs. We'll serve you food." Laura answered and we went out of the room.

I held him tight, almost hugging him while we went down.

"I am a mage, a white mage, just like my mom." He suddenly whispered to me causing me looked amused reaction.

"Oh yeah? Did your wolf told you?"

"No, when he said earlier that he was trained to be strong just like dad and I was trained to be someone else, my memory appeared. I was 4 or something and my mom teaches me spells. I had this book which my mom gave me. It's a book of spells I guess. My mom separately teaches us, Me and my wolf Lai, so we can used and combine both when time comes. It's a pretty advantage. I am physically weak because I am used to using the magic." I smirked.

"Who would have thought my human mate who I have been protecting for 8 years was far more powerful than I am?" He giggled just how I like it.

"Let's run though our wolves after breakfast. Lai wanted to see your wolf." I smiled. My wolf just wants to get out and drag my mate outside.

"Okay. My wolf loves the idea."

"We should name your wolf you know."

"What do you want to name him?" he started to think.

"Raya? Since my name is Nikolai and my wolf is Lai, yours should be Zachariah then your wolf would be Raya. Would that be okay wolfie love?" Niko looked at my eyes, trying to communicate with my wolf.

Tell him I love the name Raya but he should call me Wolfie love. I rolled my eyes. So cocky.

"He said he loves it but you should call him Wolfie love." I said annoyingly. He laughed.

"Okay then. That settled. I'm freaking hungry." I just smiled while he dragged me fast towards the dining room. Damien and Averys went out. I guess this will be like a family breakfast. I watched the mark in his neck. Damn, he is really and surely mine. 

"Why are you staring at me again creep?"

"Your mark. You should mark me too. It's beautiful. It is shouting that you're mine."

He smiled and leaned forward to kiss me. "Marked or not, you're mine"

 I just smiled. So possessive.

-Misskaryaaa-