Chapter 32

Still 3rd Person POV

Nikolai's green eyes turned to black as he thinks his mate would die. His arms were tattooed with black patches who crawled all over her body. Atmosphere became dense and the place grew dark. Everyone stops and looked at Niko.

"Niko" Zach whispered in the air. He, too, doesn't know what to do with his mate. He cannot feel what his mate is feeling right now. Niko turned off the minklink. He felt foreign with Niko.

Nikolai, you are the son of Darkness. Make all unworthy be vanished forever. Summon us, the dead and the dark, to help you get them away. Those words were whispered by forces he didn't know.

I will kill whoever touches my mate! Niko muttered spells no one knows. His evilly clouded mind was making words no one understands. He raised his hands. Suddenly all the dead mages and wolves rose to their feet. Shadow grew a hundred folds in Niko's back.

Realizing the situation, Alpha Zeke shouted "Packs back up!!!" 

Everyone in the pack startled and ran towards their side. Zach, being immobilize, was dragged by Damien. The white mages, even confused, went in front to protect them. They didn't know what spell to fight off Niko's Spell.

"Do you know what he was doing?" Alpha Niall asked Mage Rince.

"No, I never have seen someone as powerful as that." he answered.

The black mages, except Mage Shaira, gathered up. Mage Shaira watched Niko in deep fear that leads her feet to give up.

"Please don't kill me." said Mage Shaira. She was crawling away from Niko.

"You killed my mother, you killed my grandma, you killed half of my pack and you take away the life I should have had. Why do you think I'll spare you?" Niko voiced out in a very cold one. It wasn't his voice now either.

Spare them no more Nikolai! Kill them all! Whispered the invisible voice around Niko. Dark elements are flowing out of Niko's body as his mouth another spell.

"My child, My gift! Come to me." Niko looked towards his calling grandfather. 

Lord Hendrick was beyond happy to see his grandson finally in his true nature. This was prayer. This is my gift. Lord Hendrick said to himself. Niko stepped forward to his grandfather.

"NIKO NO!! Love please, look at me!" Zach suddenly shouted. Niko turned to glance at Zach in an expressionless face. "Love, please fight that darkness----"

"Enough!" shouted Lord Hendrick and summon his shadows to snap Zach. Before his shadow reaches Zach, Nikos shadows possessed the shadows first and killed itself. 

Everyone was stunned. Nobody even blinked. 

"Even the fathers of the black Mages cannot possess their own kind. Shadows possessing shadows is very very alarming. This is bad. This is very bad." Blythe muttered unmindfully. They heard him. Loud, clear and frightening. 

Arvin and Mage Beatrix, who were from the back of the mansion, ran to their side. They were astounded to see Niko now covered with black elements surrounded by dark shadows and dead. 

 "This is what I am so afraid of. Niko's dark elements will consume him wholly. What should we do?" Arvin asked in no one particular. 

This time they don't know what to do. They were so afraid to even move. Niko was consumed in resentment and sadness. He felt responsible for his mother and grandmothers death. He grief for them. He felt responsible for the imprisoned pack and for the pups that was used at the very young age. He was what the Lord Hendrick wants but it causes many lives.