Chapter 7

"Woahhh What a sight!" I pushed Zach away from me as I heard my dad walked by.

"D-Dad! W-Why are you so early?! I I I thought you'd be late."I said panicking. Zach just straightens his seat. My dad is still busy taking off his shoes.

"Well the Dr. Sandra just decided not to hold me for too long. Anyways, is this the HE you're talking about?" he approached Zach and Zach calmly stood up. Isn't he supposed to be nervous? Because my nerves are really cracking.

"I'm Niall, Nikolai's father. Nice meeting you." He held his hand to Zach and Zach took it.

"Zach Sir. Zachariah Daniels"

"Daniels? Ohhh, you must be Ezequiel pups huh?" my dad smiled and Zach was taken aback. He nodded politely.

"You know his father Dad?" They both took a sit.

"Yeah. I quite know him. The other town's folks know about him pretty well. I talked to him once or twice when we were still new here. The wide area there is theirs so I figured I need to talk to him. He's nice guy  despite of his scary aura" I looked at Zach and he was so serious this time. His face is full of question.

"Food is ready! Hey Niko, do you have spare spoo—Ohh, I'm sorry for intruding your kitchen Sir. Our dear friend is bullied again and we thought we could crash in your kitchen to cook something for him." Averys quickly explained without breathing in between the sentence. We paced ourselves to the kitchen. My dad smiled seeing Averys in his apron.

"No, I don't mind. Utensils are in the upper left hand cupboard. Thank you for helping Niko and thank you for cooking. I'm Niko's father, Niall" Averys is still busy doing something in the stove.

"Damien Sir, Damien Black and that girl is Averys Walters. Pleased to meet you and sorry for the kitchen" Damien shook the hands with dad who beams his way while settling down.

"Niko, wash your hands, and you Zach as well. Anyways, Damien right? Damn, you really look like your father. I guess you're Raphael Black's younger son and this beauty queen is Aurora's daughter."

We went to the kitchen while my dad is talking to Averys about her mother. I looked at Zach. He looked bothered.

"Hey, are you okay? Is there something wrong?" he smiled at me and took my hand, washing it together with his.

"When did you transfer here?" he asks like out of the blue.

"Hmm, when I was 5. I actually don't remember much of what happen before we came here. My memories are all about my mom actually. My dad told me that we transferred here after my mom died. Maybe he can't take the thought of staying at the place where my mom was killed."

"Killed?!" he raised as he dry both our hands in a towel.

"Yup, I don't know what happen or who really killed her. My dad don't want to talk about it. Besides, it's all in the past. I'm not fond of dwelling pains from the past. Please don't think about it. I don't want to get upset. And besides, we still have a problem in hand. My dad just saw us kissing." He grinned and put his shoulder.

"Don't worry. My guts says that you're dad is absolutely cool about that."

I rolled my eyes. "And you're not the one whom he's gonna tease every time he sees me." He chuckled. We went to join them eating.

"So, you're my son's friends then? I'm so glad that he finally has friends. What did that Jeck shit did to him this time?" Averys, being a girl, spilled to my dad what they saw and did. My dad was smiling all the time.

"I can't wait to transfer Nikolai to your school. Did you talk to your school pups?"

"Yeah. I still need to take my first exam which is next week before I can transfer." I looked at Zach while saying it.