Chapter 30

I wore again my shirt and Heidi went out the door. "And you are?"

"3rd Maiden of the guild, Mage Shaira. Lord Hendrick must be so happy to have you. He was waiting for you for the longest time. Care to introduce yourself to your aunt?"

"I know you know me. Don't act as if you're not looking after me."

"How did you know that?"

"Lily was always at our border." Her face darkens. She understood what I meant. 

" Yes I know you. I know you killed my daughter. Lord Hendrick knows that but he only cares about YOU! You and your mom ruined my life. I should be the 1st maiden, not your mom."

"What's with the 1st maiden 3rd maiden anyways?" 

"Our  family is the strongest in this council. Papa Hendrick is the 1st Father of High council, My brother Stanley is the 1st Lord of the Dark Guild and I... I was supposed to be the 1st Maiden of the Dark Guild. But that Bitch Lyra was given the title to be the 1st Maiden."

"Why should she? My mom didn't come here." I answer her with full confusion.

"Didn't she? Where do you think she had the Black Mages on her side? Where do you think she learn her Black Spells? She was here. Disguised as commoner, she tried to get some of the Black mages from our side. Lord Hendrick didn't know she was here but still gave her the title she never deserves."

"Why didn't he knew she's here?" I am starting to worry that I night have asked her many questions already. This is what I came for, to know the answers. 

"Why would I tell him? Lord Hendrick would remove me from my title if he learns she has been coming here. I became 3rd Maiden just because every high family needs some physical body sitting in the council. I don't want to be an option. I really want to kill your mother."

"But you didn't because she was too good compare to you."

She glared at me. I saw black shadows immerging from her back. I started to panic. Shoot, I might die here and now. Goddess, my baby.

"I can't kill her but I know I can kill you." I almost transform into a wolf when I heard someone shouted.

"ENOUGH!!!!" Many more shadows were behind her. It was Lord Hendrick. 

"Do not touch him, Shaira."

All of the shadows from her back were gone. The shadows of Lord Hendrick grabbed and choke her. She struggled from their grip. 

"If you dare touch this boy again, I am the one who will kill you." He let her go. She ran out of the door terrified.

"Thank you for saving me." I muttered. I maybe powerful to them, but I still lack confidence to use this one. I am still scared to use everything, even my wolf.

"I still need something from you. And besides, you are a gift for me. What's mine is mine. No one dare touches what's mine. I am here to tell you that you can't get out from this room. Windows are sealed with spells so don't dare jump."

Then he went outside. So what can I do here besides reading?

---------

It's been a week since my lockdown and honestly I wasn't even bored. I got really interested on the books I'm reading and I was busy planning what to do. I know Raven didn't like where this all going. And now I understand what they mean by I'm natural. When I was just studying, I could pull off any spells I summon and I can even combine them together at one time. I did remove the spell on the window and on the door. I wasn't exactly lockdown since I prance myself out the door in invisibility. Invisibility is combination of black and white spell I summon. But I felt really uncomfortable from time to time. Zach has been so unstable this week. I planned differently from what it became but it is still the same stupid idea. Come here and be done with this.