Chapter 9

Zach's POV

"I'm gonna fucking kill him."

"Who? The omega or the guy who sent your boyfriend home?"

"Averys, shut up." Averys just made face on Damien.

"Both." I'm so mad. I'm planning to tell Niko about wolves but not in this way. I'm afraid he would leave me in an instant. I'm still on the process of building stronger trust between us. I cannot just rely in mate bond. He is a human after all, he might not care much on that bond.

I saw my dad in the field trying to fight against the rogues. They were many of them. I don't know where they came from but they are actually stronger than I thought. I let my wolf take over me and transformed into one. I poured out all my anger towards those rouges. They already ruined my day. 

"Zach, tried to hold this rouges over here. I'm going a little south. I want to find the one who leads them" my dad, the alpha, mind linked me. My dad and his trusted circle went over a little south. So I had to take over the command here.

"Damien, lead some omega at our left. Make sure to kill every fucking rouge you see. They ruined my day. Averys and three of you follow me." I made way to the right and fought over the northern border.

My wolf was panting as we made sure no rouges had made alive. I'm still fuming mad so I ordered everyone to go back home. I need a good run so I made an excuse to check every perimeter of the territory. I ran and ran with no direction but I'm pretty sure Damien and Averys were following me. I decided to go home when I saw no soul in the border.

When I arrived at my room, I shifted and dressed up. I sat at my bed side trying to calm myself but failed so I kicked my wardrobe. How am I going to explain to Niko everything? I'm no talker. I'm bad at explaining things. What if he won't understand and leave me? What if he would be afraid to even let me touch him? My wolf whined inside me. He, too, is mad but he is sadder thinking about Niko leaving us.

What should we do? I asked my wolf

Explain to him. Maybe he'll understand. He's a smart kid. 

I can't afford to lose him.

Consider yourself lucky boy. Every time he sees me, he got scared. I never had a chance to touch me. You need to man up. We'll both die if our mate rejected us.

I breathed in. So what shall we do first?

Finding the omega boy. Beat him up.

I ran up to the ground to find that stupid omega who suddenly popped up. I searched over the wounded omega and found him sitting. I tried to control myself not burst my anger. But again, I failed.

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU JUST DO THAT?" I collared him and pushed him in the wall. He was trembling from fear but I fucking don't care, I'm also shaking well from anger.

"I-I-I-I I'm s-s-s-so-sorry Alpha. I-i---"

"Alpha Zach let him go. He was just following order." Damien said while trying to pull me away from this omega.

"Zach. Don't hurt him. Niko won't like that. Niko will certainly be mad at you if he knows this."

My wolf whined in protest. We both want to beat the shit out of this guy but we both won't like to mess up with Niko. We are already in deep mess with him. Niko won't like it if I beat this guy, he will consider that as bullying. I closed my eyes, summoning every good thoughts to cloud my mind.

"Consider yourself very lucky that my boyfriend is an angel in disguise. You should be dead by now." I breathed in heavily and throw him off.

When I turn around, I froze in place. My dad was watching over me. He doesn't look mad; he gave me pure straight face that chills me to the bone.

"Son, follow me. Damien and Averys stay here" I did. All the anger left my body. He led me up to his office and we sat at his couch

"What was that all about?" Shit, my dad didn't know about Niko. I didn't tell him about Niko. I am afraid that he would  not like his son gay. 

"I 'm sorry dad. I haven't told you—"

"About your boyfriend? Everyone was talking about that." I grew speechless. I just looked at my fingers. I don't know what to tell dad or how will I start.

"Why him? You're a guy. He is a guy. You think it will last? What would others think about you? About us? What do you think the pack feels when their pack's Alpha being gay? What would other packs feel?" There is no anger in his voice but its scarier than I thought. 

I breathed deeply. I cannot lose my Niko. "I don't care about them. I don't fucking care of any words from them. He is my boyfriend and my mate and I love him. It's all that matters." I looked at my dad when I speak but again look down to my fingers.

There had been a long agonizing silent enveloping us. Fuck, did I say the right words?

"Son, look at me." So I did. He still looks indifferent. I am still trembling, not from anger but from fear.

"I always know that you like that boy ever since. I know he was the reason for your patrolling in the southern border. I know that he became your boyfriend not long ago. I just can't believe you seriously grow balls and asked him out. I didn't expect you to swing that way but I'm happy for you." I looked at him in surprise and he smiled.

"Son, I'm not just your Alpha. I'm your dad. Whatever happens, you have me and your mom.  That boy is a gift for you. He was your long time crush and now, the goddess allowed him to be your mate. I remember when you're young; you don't want to learn anything to become an alpha. I'm seriously scared thinking you might not accept the title. You're my only son. To whom shall I entrust the pack then?? But the day after I sent you to the border, you become eager. You volunteered to make something. You dedicate yourself being an Alpha. And that's when I know he's good for you. I saw you change to become better for him. I understand your anger earlier. You protected your deepest fear for 8 years and someone just spill it out." I went to hug my dad.

"Thank you dad. Thank you understanding." I hugged him tighter.

"Tell me if someone make fun of you and your boy. I'll make sure to send them to hell before their due date. So, when will you bring him in? I must get to know the future Luna of the pack." I grinned widely as he mentions the word Luna. It felt so right. You still need to explain to him boy, my wolf intervened.

"I still need to explain to everything dad. He's human. I'm so afraid of losing him." My dad patted my shoulder.

"Just tell him everything. I'm sure he can feel the mate bond as well. Also, show him your wolf. He needs to accept your wolf to build a mink-link to him."

My wolf just jumped around merrily in my head.

"By the way, your alpha ceremony will be as soon as you introduce to me your mate. Your old man is stepping down. I'm tired of paper works and treaties. I believe you are ready to lead the pack especially now that you already found your mate. I already talked to my beta, delta and gamma. They're cool about it." My eyes widen in response.

"But for now, don't tell your beta and delta. Your ceremony will be also theirs so make it as your surprise. And besides you know Averys. She might drag your mate to you to hasten the ceremony. She so impatient. Now go to your mate, explain to him everything and hopefully, you can bring him here this week. Hell, might as well bring him tomorrow if he accepts you today."

I nodded and gave my dad a hug again. I ran past the corridor and saw Damien and Averys looking so worried.

"How's your talk with your dad?" – Damien

"He said.." I looked at them waiting for the continuation. "He said he wanted to meet the future Luna as soon as possible." I smiled happily.

"Oh Thank Goddess! I was so worried for nothing." They both sighed in relief.

"So, what now?"- Damien asked.

"Let'sgo to my mate. I pretty sure he's in the lake." They agreed and we all rantowards the lake. Then I saw my mate talking to the bird again. I sighed in so manyworries, trying to brace myself.

-Misskaryaaa-