Post-Festival Discovery

The happy days of the festival had ended. Busy life has returned once again.

However, there were still many problems for me to solve, and many mysteries to uncover. And with my newfound suspicion towards Yuuki, it encumbered me with greater stress than necessary.

But, oh well. It's all going good right now. I'll have to focus on current matters right now.

"Rimuru-sama."

Souei appeared right behind me when saying that, jumpscaring me. 

Still can't get used to it, huh? I got to find a way, somehow.

<<...>>

I definitely heard Raphael-sensei chuckle in the background. My imagination maybe? 

But that's not important. What's important is that Souei is giving me a really serious expression.

"What is it, Souei?"

"One of my clones encountered a weird purple-looking swirly object, near the roads to the Kingdom of Blumund."

"Purple, swirly object you say? Were you able to confirm what it is?"

"Well, I sent one of my clones to it, and it seemed to lead me to some sort of unknown lake."

A lake? Well that's strange. 

There isn't any lake near the roads to Blumund as far as I know, and to have a purple swirly object lead to it? That's even more suspicious!

Maybe it's a portal of some sort?

<<Report. According to observations made by individual Souei's <<Shadow Clone>>, the object has a 99.9% chance of being a portal.>>

That's an abnormally high probability.

Speaking of which, how did Raphael-sensei earn the ability to look through Souei's clones?

<<...>>

No answer, huh? Hiding your capabilities from me?

Whatever, then. I nodded in response to Souei's report.

"I see. I'll gather everyone here for an emergency meeting and have you relay the information to everyone."

Souei gave a nod and vanished into thin air.

Maybe I should ask Veldora about this, he might know anything about it. No, he's too unreliable as a person. Maybe Milim or Ramiris? Nah, they're not very credible sources to look into. 

I gave a huge sigh as I left my office to gather everyone in the meeting hall.

***

A lot of people came here faster than I initially anticipated. There was Veldora and Ramiris still conversing about the Labyrinth plans and reading manga, Benimaru thinking intently, Souei arms-crossed and leaning against a wall, Shuna providing everyone tea, and Shion and Diablo standing behind me glaring at each other.

I also invited Hinata to see if this portal had anything to do with Ruminas since the "goddess" herself wasn't here.

I clapped to gather everyone's attention.

"Souei."

Souei proceeded to brief everyone on the details of his findings.

"Umu. As reported by Souei, there seems to be a portal-like anomaly residing near the roads to Blumund. Any ideas on what it might be about?"

Veldora put down his "holy scriptures" as Ramiris continued to focus on it. "A portal, you say? ... I've heard of it before. It's those large swirly things that are black and sucks up everything, right?"