Demiurge's Duty II

As Demiurge was about to speak, a private <<Message>> was activated.

<Demiurge-sama, the lizardmen have returned without any issues.>

<Oh? In such a short time? I must thank Rimuru-dono when I go back next time for being earlier than expected. Notify Cocytus and lead them back to the village.>

<Understood, Demiurge-sama.>

The <<Message>> cut short.

Demiurge turned his attention towards Ainz, bowing deeply

"Pardon the interruption, Ainz-sama. I just received a message that the lizardmen have returned safely in tip-top condition, and they came to us faster than the otherworld nation's leader predicted."

"So you're saying the lizardmen weren't severely punished or anything?"

Demiurge nodded promptly.

"Yes, Ainz-sama. Other than a few injuries from what seems to be magical weaponry, they don't seem to be in a fatal condition whatsoever."

"Ho..."

I expected them to be more ruthless. Guess I was overthinking things.

As Ainz began to wade in his own pool of thoughts, Demiurge interposed.

"Ainz-sama, there are also two more things I would like to report."

Ainz looked up.

"Ah, yes. I did tell you to disclose everything. Continue."

Demiurge bowed once more.

"First, the leader of the otherworldly nation wishes to sign a nonaggression pact with you, Ainz-sama."

"A nonaggression pact?"

"Yes. It is in exchange for the lizardmen, though I'm not entirely sure why that leader wanted something so trivial..."

Ainz began to doubt his initial impressions on this otherworldly nation.

Maybe their leader is a pacifist?

Ainz nodded.

"I assume Ainz-sama plans to betray them in the end, yes?"

"Hm?"

Demiurge clears his throat.

"Ainz-sama is only signing the nonaggression pact for the sake of temporary peace. However, peace is all just preparation for another war, yes?"

Pardon?

"Y-yes, I was planning on such a thing. But we need to set the foundation first, so don't think too far ahead."

Demiurge bowed apologetically.

"By the way, before you show your last report, did you find anything or anyone interesting over on the other side?"

Demiurge smiled smugly.

"Of course. There were three in total, including the leader, but this one guy by the name of 'Diablo' caught my interest. It seems that he is one of the strategists of their nation and could be one of the people responsible for the leader's actions."

Diablo, huh? That's definitely a demon's name. Is he someone like Demiurge? Maybe that's why Demiurge's attracted to him.

Ainz quickly snapped himself out of his delusions and cleared his throat.

"I see ... We can deal with such matters later. For now, I would like to hear your last report."

"Ah yes, that's something related to a human."