Demiurge's Duty I

The portal made an ominous sound as a number of humanoid figures came out of it.

Demiurge was leading the group with Albedo, Shalltear, and their respective escorts followed suit.

After the entire group had fully come back to the Great Lake, Demiurge raised his hand.

"Albedo, Shalltear, Ainz-sama wishes to have a word with you. He demands that you two to meet him back at Nazarick as soon as you return."

Albedo nodded in silence. Shalltear did the same.

Using Shalltear's <<Gate>>, a large portal was erected from nothing. Shalltear entered first, followed by Albedo, and lastly their escorts.

Before they entered, Shalltear turned around to ask Demiurge something.

"By the way, Demiurge, why aren't you coming back with us? I assume Ainz-sama would want to meet you too ~arinsu."

Demiurge chuckled lightly. "Oh, Shalltear. I have received permission from Ainz--sama to probe around the portal a bit before reporting him about the incidents that ensued earlier. For now, he just wishes to see you two."

Shalltear stood there.

"I've got no objections then."

Demiurge observed the portal curiously soon after Shalltear and Albedo's group had left.

He cracked a smile.

"Got anything yet?"

A mysterious voice was heard behind the voice.

"Yes, Demiurge-sama. Observations show that the human that entered this domain seemed to be using Tier-1 magic of unknown motives."

"Were you able to trace down this human?"

"Yes."

Demiurge's ears perked up.

"Well, where is the location?"

"It seems to have led in the direction of the nation known as the Slane Theocracy, Demiurge-sama."

"Ho?"

Demiurge stood there in a pondering position.

The Slane Theocracy, huh? Why would they be here? Some sort of espionage mission, I presume?

He decided to bring the topic back towards Ainz when the time comes.

"Very well. Continue observing."

"Yes, Demiurge-sama."

A tiny rustling noise could be heard soon after the ominous speaker finished their sentence.

Demiurge looked back at the portal.

"This would be very interesting to report."

***

Ainz was sitting in his office desk looking through documents.

Ever since his HORRIBLE decision to send Shalltear and Albedo to do the diplomatic work, he has been constantly worrying if he made the wrong decision.

His worries were justified as fast as lightning.

After Demiurge's report on their status earlier, he was extremely eager to end the conflict as soon as possible. Elongating the conflict just led to more troubles for him.

Plus, since both Albedo and Shalltear burdened huge responsibilities, them being gone left a huge vacuum in the workings of the Sorcerer Kingdom despite Albedo's entrustment towards the princess and Shalltear's "workload distribution" between the maids.