Preparation

I'm tired.

This portal thing is hurting my brain.

Well it's not like I have an actual, physical brain, but this is actually giving me headaches.

First an unknown portal entity, then named lizardmen, and now new beings from the portal have emerged?

Diablo informed me that there seems to be new beings that crossed the portal. He said he got that intel from the lizardmen. I wondered how he got that.

The worst part is that I don't know what these new beings are all about. Not only that, the post-festival work is hindering my investigations.

Shuna keeps on giving me piles upon piles of paperwork, and I just can't get my head to think clearly.

Well, if I don't do my paperwork, she threatened to cut short my pocket money, so I got to act carefully.

I mean, Raphael does most of the work for me so I could blaze through the process, but it's still mentally tedious

As I looked at my pile of documents and sighed, Souei appeared in front of me.

Well, at least this time he appeared in front of me.

"Souei, anything you need to say?"

"Yes, Rimuru-sama. One of my clones have encountered the newcomers of the portal."

I pushed away the huge pile of paperwork, making a mess on the floor. I looked into Souei's eyes with sparkling enthusiasm.

"Really? What did you see?"

Souei began to describe the event in extreme detail.

***

[A few days ago]

Albedo walked around frantically outside the throne room of the governmental building in E-Rantel.

She was waiting for orders to enter and start the rescue mission. She couldn't wait. She wanted to impress the man she loved the most, after all.

If that stupid lamprey didn't come along, things would've been better.

For the sake of avoiding conflict, Ainz purposefully didn't tell them their companions during the mission.

So Albedo was surprised when Shalltear was also waiting outside the door, blushing and panicking a little.

"Ara? What is no-boobs doing here? Aren't you supposed to be transporting goods?"

Shalltear glared at Albedo, eyes twitching. "I should ask you first, virgin succubus."

For a considerable amount of time after they got transported to this new world, Albedo and Shalltear constantly fought and argued with each other for dominance over Ainz. It wasn't lethal or unhealthy, just the majority of the time they meet they seem to be on edge.

However, due to current circumstances, they were having less and less time arguing and fighting, to the point where every time they meet they would insult each other a bit and get over with it immediately.

Albedo sighed as she sat down. "Did Ainz-sama call you here?"

Shalltear stared into the wall. "Yes. He didn't inform me of my companion, however. Never thought it was you ~ arinsu."

"Yeah, me too."

One of the maids exited through the throne room door.

"Lady Albedo, Lady Shalltear, your majesty Ainz-sama wishes to see you."