Welcome to Tempest

It took the group a few hours to walk along the road to Blumund to reach the entrance of the capital.

Along the way, many humans and monsters alike looked at the group in curiosity as the foreign lizardmen, tied up, laid before their eyes. It was truly a weird sight to behold.

Souei intended to march them in secret, but holding 15 lizardmen hostage through the forest might create escapees, considering they were outnumbered and it was already pretty hard to restrain them. <<Spatial Travel>> or <<Teleportation>> was also out of the question since they were unsure whether these otherworlder lizardmen would hold up to it. So, instead, he decided to take them the easiest route possible: the road.

It may have created unwanted attention, but it was currently the best course of action. Of course, while he did use a sort of concealment magic to hide the group as they traveled along the road (and this making them quite literally undetectable), it really drained Souei's magicule supply, and, as such, had to give up on concealing during the final leg of the trek.

As they got to the entrance, the lizardmen were gobsmacked by the liveliness of the city. Humans and monsters conversed like there was no tomorrow, businesses were thriving, and the atmosphere felt cheerful. No sense of fear was emitted from anyone living there. Buildings were well-built and decorated beautifully, and a big road leading to the center of a four-way intersection at the middle of the city welcomed anyone who came across with open arms.

"What ... a city with humans and monsters co-existing?"

"It's like E-Rantel, but livelier and less oppressive!"

"I mean, E-Rantel is also pretty lively, but this ... this is something else!"

Well that's everyone's reaction every time they come to this city.

Souei decided to shrug it off.

A bluish silver blob-like creature resting under the bosom of a tall, purple-haired, sharp-dressing woman approached the group.

"Good job, Souei. It seems you brought them here."

"You flatter me, Rimuru-sama."

The bluish silver blob-like creature hopped off the woman's arms and transformed into a humanoid form, with long, silky silver hair, bluish-silver eyelashes and golden pupils. The humanoid resembled that of a human female teenager with black formal clothing.

Saluso muttered upon seeing the humanoid. "What ... are you?"

"Oh, sorry. I haven't introduced myself, have I? My name is Rimuru Tempest, and you may call me Rimuru. As you see, I'm the ruler of this country called Tempest, with this city as its capital. I'm also what you call a slime!"

The lizardmen looked at him in disbelief. "A ... slime? How can a mere slime rule over individuals so powerful?" Saluso exclaimed as he eyed on Soka.

"So you mean that slime form earlier was your true form?"

"I cannot just believe this!"

The slime named Rimuru transformed back into his blob-like form. "Yes, this is my true form. Though I would assume you'd be more comfortable with my humanoid form, if you don't mind."

The lizardmen looked down at his current form, dumbfounded.

Rimuru once again turned back into his humanoid form. "Then, shall we?"

***

The atmosphere was tense as the lizardmen sat on one side of the table.

On the opposite side, there was a glamorous chair that resembled a throne, with me sitting in it in humanoid form. I preferred talking in my humanoid form since I wouldn't be able to deliver a more threatening stance in my slime form.