First Unfriendly Encounter

Demiurge grinned upon hearing the report.

In accordance with Ainz's will, he was ordered to spy on the two and see what they would encounter as a sub-punishment.

Since it was a "spying" mission, he thought it would be too troublesome if he went across the portal in person. Plus, he didn't prepare the necessary items to explore such unknown lands.

So he decided it was best to send a group of individuals who specialize in spying, and have them report back to him if they spotted something.

He chose the level 80 monster known as "Hanzos"; a humanoid ninja-like monster that excels in hiding itself.

Ainz-sama usually uses them for espionage—it wouldn't hurt if I used them, too?"

At first, he thought using them would be a disgrace to the one he swore loyalty to, since they were usually Ainz's bodyguards.

However, his motives thought otherwise.

***

"So, Demiurge, you wish to use my hanzos to spy on the two?"

Demiurge bowed deeply. "I apologize for my selfishness for doing such an important mission."

Ainz raised his hand. "No, no. It is ok. You may take them. Just don't do anything too over the top. After all, I expected you to use them in the first place."

Demiurge bowed deeply once more. "I thank you, Ainz-sama, for your mercifulness.

Ainz put up a face of doubt mentally.

Seriously though, what's so merciful about that?

Demiurge left the room with a face of satisfaction, leaving Ainz bewildered.

***

After receiving the hanzos, Demiurge began to give them orders.

"So you all know what you need to do, I assume?"

One of the hanzos replied in a steadfast manner. "Yes, Demiurge-sama. We are to spy Albedo-sama and Shalltear-sama on their progress on the other side of the portal."

Demiurge smirked. "Good. Report back to me if anything suspicious pops up. Remember that this is for the sake of his majesty Ainz-sama!"

"Yes, Demiurge-sama!"

The group of hanzos concealed themselves into the shadows and dashed their way to the portal.

Demiurge gazed at the portal with curiosity.

***

Albedo and Shalltear, along with their respective escorts, trekked through the forest, following the path the lizardmen previously have taken.

The two were seemingly arrogant compared to when they entered. It looked as if they were itching for a fight. Nonetheless, they were vigilant.

They also earlier discovered a large road, indicating that the civilization or nation they're going to meet soon should be pretty advanced. For some reason, they decided to stay in the vegetation.

However, Albedo was getting annoyed by the vegetation. Shalltear followed suit.

"These trees are really annoying ~arinsu. Why can't we just walk by road?" Shalltear exclaimed in a kinky fashion.

Albedo sighed. "As much as I really want to, I think, it's smarter to stay in the shadows, no?"

Shalltear smirked upon hearing the remark. "No worries ~ arinsu. After all, the World items Ainz-sama the 41 Supreme Beings borrowed to us should be able to protect us from such dangers ~ arinsu."