The "Trek" Home

Saluso stared at the water trident Gabil was wielding.

It seemed to look like the "Frost Pain" Sharyusu possessed, but at the same time it didn't.

He wanted to ask about it, but he thought if he did it would just end up as :

"Oh, so you're interested in my staff? Very well, I shall tell you the story of—"

Saluso decided to get such thoughts out of his head immediately.

He was trying to distract himself, along with his fellow colleagues. Ever since they sensed the presence of their own kind passing the portal, it made them feel extremely uneasy. The feeling now has subsided drastically, but to avoid such panic happening again, the best course of action was to distract themselves.

Of course, many of the lizardmen and dragonewts in the Slime verse were well aware of the mass panic, but after a few pickup lines and chit-chatter, they came back to their senses almost immediately as if nothing ever happened.

Saluso looked around the room in search for another idea to ponder about. He saw Fafsu and Zerion engaging in hearty conversations with the lizardmen of Sisu Lake.

Maybe I should join them.

He approached the group without hesitation.

***

Abil scanned the room as the cultural exchange continued to chug along smoothly despite the interim where the otherworlder lizardmen were in a state of panic.

He wasn't explicitly told when the exchange should end nor did he plan when to do so, but as long as the lizardmen were conversing with each other in a positive connotation, that was good enough for him.

A lizardmen guard approached him with a serious expression.

Acknowledging that it may be potentially confidential information, Abil allowed him to whisper in his ear.

The guard came close to his ear and began to report the orders given by the leader of the Jura Tempest Federation: Rimuru Tempest.

Abil nodded upon hearing the report. He drawed everyone's attention towards him with the knock of his staff.

"Lizardmen of the other world, our leader Rimuru-sama has decided to send you back across the portal for reasons to not disclose."

Abil paused to clear his throat.

"I hope this cultural exchange proved helpful or entertaining for you all. It would be nice if we could host such events in the future if Rimuru-sama allows it. For now, my son Gabil will escort you to the edge of Sisu Lake where one of Rimuru-sama's subordinates would pick you up."

Abil turned towards Gabil.

"Don't disappoint me."

"I promise I won't, father!"

Abil sat back down on his seat, sighing, as Gabil rallied up his colleagues and began to lead the otherworlder lizardmen outside the castle.

***

Saluso stared at Gabil as he and his group approached him.

"You were ... Saluso, yes? The leader of your lizardmen group?"

Saluso stood up. "I am indeed. So, are we going back now?"

Gabil scratched his head. "Dunno. But father told me that you guys are, so I guess."

Is it just me or did this gabil fellow become much cool-headed then earlier?

Saluso shook his head to get rid of such thoughts. He cleared his throat.