The Clashing of Tanks

Inside a dim-lit room, Demiurge observed the current situations of the Holy Kingdom using spying magic, sipping on a cup of tea.

He was soon disrupted by a knock on the door.

"What information do you have?"

The individual on the other side of the door replied without hesitation. "Demiurge-sama. According to our observations, it seems that Shalltear-sama and Albedo-sama have started to engage against an unknown enemy."

Demiurge was about to dismiss the observation as nothing significant until he realized something.

Wait ... Who engaged first? Albedo and Shalltear, or the unknown enemy?

"Who did you see engage first? Give me straight facts."

The individual responded. "Yes. It seems Albedo-sama and Shalltear-sama were the first to instigate the battle. Though that is just a guess."

"Continue observing."

"Indeed, Demiurge-sama."

A moment of silence presumed.

Demiurge took some time to recompile what he just heard. So those two started the battle, huh? It should be fine ... but ...

I assume Ainz-sama would strongly oppose such a tactic.

Indeed, since Demiurge found out that he took a considerable amount of time to get the Holy Kingdom under control using an alias and a war full of lies, and Ainz's diplomatic relations with the Dwarven Kingdom essentially went without a hitch, the latter seems to be more efficient.

Or it could be that it's just because Ainz-sama did it and Demiurge assumed that it would always be superior and more efficient.

That being said, I must stop these two from creating more conflict. We wouldn't be able to use Ainz-sama's model of diplomacy that way.

Ainz intended to have his subordinates learn from their own mistakes and make reasonable decisions as much as possible. Sure, it was to cultivate creative ways of doing tasks and whatnot, but nobody said that they couldn't copy a model that was obviously better than any type of model they can create.

That's why Demiurge, being one of the many subordinates "learning" how to be reasonable, decided to go towards a peaceful approach, a successful model projected by the great Ainz Ooal Gown himself.

Doesn't that mean that Albedo and Shalltear might have betrayed us?

Demiurge chuckled.

"But first, I must do something else ..."

***

"So you're telling me Shalltear and Albedo instigated a fight on the other side of the portal, which also implies a potential betrayal?"

"Most likely, though it is based on crude observations."

Demiurge gave a cold sweat. He had no idea how Ainz would react to this situation.

Would he get mad? Would he add a greater penalty to me or them for our incompetence? I don't even know the full extent of my current penalty.

A long, cold silence was heard as Demiurge answered Ainz's question. Ainz was soon to open his jaw to speak.

"Haa ... never thought it would turn out like this..."

Demiurge nodded wholeheartedly. "It is indeed so, my lord."

"Demiurge."

"I will endure any punishment Ainz-sama wants."