Blood and Darkness

As Albedo and Shion clashed in the sky with devastating force, Diablo and Shalltear were preparing to charge towards each other.

Diablo unsheathed the claws he had hidden and beared them towards Shalltear. Shalltear giggled.

"How admirable ~ arinsu. I thought that you wouldn't have a weapon at all ~ arinsu"

Diablo chuckled "They say ignorance is bliss. Let's see how much ignorance you bear."

Shalltear sounded like she snapped a bit.

<<Mana Essence>>

She observed the opponent in front of her with caution.

It seems like he's stronger than those goblins earlier, but not by a lot. Is he actually weak or trying to hide something?

Her arrogance got the better of her, which made her disagree with the latter almost immediately.

She began to chant.

"<<Greater Hardening>>.<<Greater Resistance>>.<<Bless of Magic Caster>>.<<See Through>>.<<Infinity Wall>>.<<Greater Full Potential>>.<<Penetrate Up>>.<<Magic Boost>>.<<Sensor Boost>>.<<Greater Luck>>.<<Dragonic Power>>.<<Mana Essence>>.<<False Data>>.<<Greater Resistance>>.<<Indomitability>>.<<Greater Hardening>>.<<Paranormal Intuition>>."

Diablo stood there patiently as she murmured the seemingly weird spells, observing as she emitted different types of auras every time she chanted a different spell.

She thrusts her lance towards Diablo.

As the spear was about to make physical contact with Diablo, he slipped into his own shadow within a millisecond.

"—what? Where did he go?"

Diablo soon appeared right behind Shalltear, hopping out from her shadow. He made a quick slash motion with his claws, so quick that it was invisible to the naked eye.

Shalltear barely dodged the attack as it scraped her armor.

What's with this speed?

She began to cast a spell immediately after retaining her distance.

"<<Brilliant Radiance>>!"

A bright light shone from her hands and was directed towards Diablo. It shot towards him as if it were a laser beam.

Given his features, he should possess demonic attributes. The holy element should do some damage to him.

After the light had dissipated, she was surprised to see Diablo in perfect condition, standing there as if nothing had happened.

"Kufufu. Is this damage I feel? It's been so long since I felt something like this!"

Diablo did endure a tiny bit of damage, but to show weakness to the enemy is considered a sin to his own ego and his master Rimuru. So he stuck with simple bluffing.

Shalltear gave a burst of nervous laughter. "I see. You don't seem to be easy to kill off ~ arinsu."

Acknowledging the fact that the holy element was less effective than she thought, she had to think up something else.

Diablo, however, wanted her to not have time to think at all, as he charged towards Shalltear with little to no hesitation.

"Tch! You little—"