Interrogation

Souei stood atop a tall tree as he observed the current situation.

Despite the "portal" being mysterious and potentially dangerous, Souei decided that it would be a great source of training for his dragonewt disciples. Even though he brought them along to many different locations, they were still very much inexperienced in the art of espionage and combat. Still, he would intervene or call for help if the enemy appears to be too strong for them or him to handle.

But after seeing the battle between his disciples and the beings that resembled the lizardmen, he couldn't help but feel pity for the alleged lizardmen.

Oh well, at least they handled the situation well despite being outnumbered 3 to 1. That runaway lizardman was pretty fast though, it was a good thing for Soka decided to chase him. Rimuru-sama might be angry if I let anyone escape.

He jumped down from the tree and landed on the ground gracefully. The dragonewts were down on the ground, greeting him.

"Master Souei, we have captured the beings from across the portal."

"You five didn't kill anyone, yes? We need all the information we can muster."

"Yes, Master Souei. No one was killed. However, injuries were unavoidable."

Souei gave them each a glass bottle containing a white liquid.

"Heal them up. Do not let them escape."

"Yes sir!"

The five ran towards the captured lizardmen.

They soon came back, with the lizardmen tied up in the steel thread.

"Lizardmen, huh? Soka, do you have any connection with them?"

"... Not really. In fact, I've never seen their kind before. They look just like us when we were still lizardmen but seem to have a bulkier build."

"Mhmm..." Souei approached one of the lizardmen.

They did come from the "portal", after all.

"So, what is your name?"

"... Zerion."

"Oh? A named monster? What race are you?"

"Why should I tell you that, you one-horned son-of-a-bitch?"

Zerion felt a piece of string wrapping around his neck. The monster named Souei made a finger gesture as if he was pulling on something.

"If you don't tell me what race you are, your head is no more."

"Ha, if that even is possib—"

Zerion felt slight, sharp pain coming from his neck. Blood began to bead out from the cut.

"More willing to speak now?"

Soka blushed and screamed silently. Her subordinates calmed her down.

"Y-yes. I am part of a race known as the lizardmen."

"So they are lizardmen." One of the dragonewts remarked.

"But they're named, so wouldn't they evolve into dragonewts like us?"

"Remember, they probably came from another realm across the 'portal', right?"

"Also a monster being named depends on if the namer possesses enough magicules."

"True; our rules might not apply to theirs."

Souei disregards the conversation from the dragonewts and proceeds to interrogate.