Eye-Openers and Espionage

Well things definitely turned out to be odder than I expected.

After him and his companions' crushing defeat with the dragonewts, Saluso assumed that they would be tortured or killed, or work forever as slaves, or never go back to his homeland.

Well, he couldn't go back anyways. The ruler of the nation they trespassed in didn't seem to have any intention to send them back or set them free right now.

The interrogation also scared the wits out of them. He felt lucky that he had such intimidating looks to hide his fears during the interrogation.

But right now, that isn't the point.

After the interrogation, the slime ruler named Rimuru sent them off with a dragonewt named "Gabil" in exploring the city. He didn't catch the entire gist of things, but he decided to just go with the flow.

But if he's a dragonewt, why does he look so different compared to the ones we fought? He seems to have more lizardman-like features.

Gabil noticed his curious gaze.

"Oya? Do you have any questions?"

"No, not really."

"If you have any questions or problems, ask me! I will answer them to the fullest!"

"Wa ... Gabil-sama is so cool!"

"Yes, indeed so!"

"That's why Rimuru-sama appointed such an important mission to him!"

Saluso and the lizardmen looked at him, dumbfounded.

Fafsu whispered into Saluso's ear.

"Oi, Saluso. That Gabil guy is sure eccentric, is he?"

Zerion followed suit. "Yeah. He seems a bit annoying."

Saluso sighed. "Well, you guys are not wrong. He does seem to be a hassle to deal with."

He gazed at the slightly annoying dragonewt by the name of Gabil as his subordinates continuously shot praises at him.

***

Diablo was enthralled.

He once again was personally requested by Rimuru-sama to do a mission for him.

Well, he wasn't only excited over that. Being one of the Seven Primordial Demons, he has outlived countless living creatures and beings, and he even visited the living world a few times before Rimuru summoned him.

But he never once seen or known about a portal before. So, in short, Rimuru and Diablo's interests aligned somehow.

I am glad that Rimuru-sama allowed me to execute this type of mission. But I wish it was more of a mission where I can be with Rimuru-sama ...

He did, however, wanted to investigate the portal firsthand, but aware of his master's cautious attitude, he decided it would be the best course of action to first spy the beings that came through it. The timing of the mission couldn't be better.

Plus, it was personally ordered by Rimuru. He couldn't just defy that.

"Well, doesn't matter. Let's see what these lizardmen have in store for us."

Diablo chuckled away, deep in his own thoughts.

***

Gabil did his best in showing the city to the otherworld lizardmen.

However, their gazes gave him slight feelings of uneasiness.

He even went out to talk with the leader of the group, but all he got was a cold response.