Chapter 1 - Prologue

As the line cuts you look to your older brother as he held the control wheel tight. Slowly you both approached freezing waters, the clouds clearing and the ice soon to hit your skin.

"Stevie?" You hold back tears as you held onto the pilot chair. "You're the best big brother ever- but you're so stupid!" He lets out a chuckle.

"I love you too," Clutching his shoulders tight you let the tears fall. The last thing you felt was your brothers hand clutching yours just as the ice hit.

~~~

Your eyes adjust to the light that streamed through the window. Where were you? Rubbing your sore head you hear a crash and your brothers voice.

"N/n?!" Bolting up out of bed you look around. You notice a radio and finally listen in to what it was saying... The game? That was in '41... Something was off... "Y/n?!"

"Steve?" Suddenly the door opens and you see your brother looking panicked. "Somethings wrong-"

"I know, lets go!" He grabs your arm and drags you out. Passing through metal doors you reach a hall filled with people in business suits.

"Wh-" You both sprint the other way as people chased you. Running out the main doors you see odd vehicles passing by, people in odd clothing and tall buildings that towered over you both. Sprinting down the street you see flashing screens everywhere, you felt out of breath, you felt dizzy and confused. This wasn't New York!

"Where the hell are we?" You cling onto your brothers arm as sleek cars pulled up around you both, civilians crowding to see what the commotion was about.

"Steve-" You were cut off by an African american man with an eye patch.

"At ease, soldier," He walks forward causing Steve to push you back. "I'm sorry about that little show back there, but... we thought it best to break it to you both slowly,"

"Break what?" You peek your head from behind your brother.

"You both have been asleep... for almost 70 years... God knows how you survived," He gestures to you. Steve squeezes your hand tight as you both look around in shock.

"A-Asleep?"

"Under the ice, Ma'am," Your eyes widen as memories flashed. The plane. The Ice. The bomb...

~~~

"Steve!" Your brother rushes into your room, his eyes trailing to where you were pointing. A giant wave of ice had engulfed the corner of the room.

"What happened?"

"I- I don't know... I saw a bug and tried to swat it with my shoe and then it flew at me and then- that... happened..." Steve nods and rushes out the room most likely to call Fury.

~~~

"This is not over yet," You sigh and nod in agreement.

"Then Shawarma?" You stifle a laugh as Stark look genuinely concerned whether or not we were getting shawarma.

"Yes, of course, you big baby," You help him up. "But lets deal with lord Emo first," The Billionaire chuckles as you clung onto Hulk. "Up up and away, Jolly green," He grins and jumps into the tower.

~~~

"I'll be fine," Giving Steve one last big hug at the airport you ruffle his hair. "Stop being over protective,"

"Never," You chuckle and hug him once more.

"I hate to beg in public... but please don't go!" Tony pleads, contemplating whether or not to get on his knees.

"You're a child," You poke his nose before saying goodbye to the rest. "You all better behave or else," You look pointedly at the two assassins.

"Yes, Mom," Clint and Nat whine making you giggle.

"I'll visit every once and while, don't worry," Just as you were about to give your ticket you realise something. "Oh, and I left some homemade cookies in the kitchen," Their eyes light up. "Have fun!" You take your carry on and walk away as they rush away back to the car.

~~~

It had been a few years, you had gotten really busy with the relief foundation you worked for. You hardly had time to catch up with the group... actually you haven't even talked to the group for a while now. The only update you got was from the news and Nat who said there was two new recruits on the team, a robot and a witch but that was a year or so ago.

Today however you were going to surprise everyone by coming back to the tower. You were done with the foundation, and you were proud of your work, having stopped crisis' and many other things from corruption in governments to natural disasters. Now, though, is back to New York to relax and catch up with your family, hopefully make a good impression on the new comers.

It will be fine...

~~~

And that my children is the first chapter of this book :3

🧃 - this is the juice box of depression (a ref to my other Loki books) do not be alarmed if I spam it 🧃🧃🧃🧃

Also I shall be putting a reaction pic with each chapter so... ✌️😌

- Anna ❤️