Chapter 20 - Little things

Taking a long stroll through Central Park, street lamps lighting up the way for you both, Bucky suddenly stops the silence and turns to you.

"What will we tell Steve?"

"It's what we won't tell Stevie," your boyfriend chuckles and nudges you slightly.

"Ok, so what won't we tell him?"

"Everything," Suddenly he stops and pulls you back slightly.

"Y/n..." Bucky gives a disapproving glance.

"He will literally decapitate you with his shield," you take his hand and intertwine it with yours. "And I don't think I'd enjoy seeing my Boyfriends head in my brothers hands," raising the back of his hand to your lips, you kiss it softly.

"We have to tell him eventually, Doll," he let's go of one of your hands and cup your face. "You can't keep it secret forever,"

"We could-" he gives a stern glance making you sigh. "Yeah... but let's at least wait for the right time?"

"Anything for you, my darling," he kisses your forehead making you blush. "Now, how about we get back home?"

"Yes, sergeant!" You salute making him laugh and shake his head. "I got an idea," clicking your heels together and taking his hand you start to run forward with him, creating a sheet of ice on the path.

"Y/n!" He starts to slip and slide as you gracefully skate down the ice. "I can't-" he trips over his feet making you burst into laughter and skate to his side.

"At times like this I'm glad all my shoes have installed skates," you click the metal together. "Even my old heels," As Bucky grumbles swears from the ground you lean down. "What was that?"

"You suck,"

"Thank you, kind sir," you get rid of the ice and click away your skates. "Want to actually get home?"

"No Ice,"

"Well that only leaves two options, either we take a cab or walk... but we have no money for a cab and my feet hurt from walking," Bucky grins face down before hoisting himself up.

"I have a solution," before you could ask he lifts you up bridal style.

"Bucky!" You hold onto him tight as he kisses your cheek.

"Yes, Darl?"

"Put me down, you'll get tired!" He starts to walk down the path and out the park.

"Never,"

~~~

"N/n! You got a bouquet of flowers from a fan!" Looking up from your breakfast you see your brother bring in said flower from downstairs. Quirking a brow you turn to the group who all smirked, Nat subtly pointing to Bucky who had a grin on his face.

"Thanks, Stevie,"

"I don't like the card..." he grumbles, holding up the card, you saw it had a teddy bear with a love heart. "Definitely a creep, it says 'happy one month darling', honestly people these days," you take the card off Steve and read it.

Happy one month, Darling. You my universe, I hope to keep you happy because you are always the one to put a smile on my face.

- Your biggest fan x

"These are lovely," you sniff the roses making your brother cringe.

"I'll get rid of them if it's too creepy..." you move them away from his grasp.

"Can't a girl have an admirer?" He rolls his eyes and sits down at the table.

"I still think it's creepy," you smile and take a vase from a cabinet, filling it with water.

"Need help?" Bucky walks to your side once you put the roses in.

"Thanks, Buck," as you hold the card he takes the bouquet filled vase to your room.

~~~

"I'll miss you," you kiss Bucky on the cheek as he holds onto the door handle of his room.

"I'll miss you more, Doll," he opens the door and walks with you down the hall. "I'll only be gone for a week or two,"

"It's going to be the longest two weeks of my life," you grumble. As you both ascended to the helipad Bucky wraps an arm around your waist and gives you a deep kiss. The moment the elevator dinged and the door opened you were apart.

"I'll make sure this mission is quick," as he walks with you to the jet, Steve was talking to a SHIELD agent.

"You better," you playfully pinch his side. "I'll miss you dorks," you give your brother a hug and ruffle his hair. "Now be good, we don't want another incident," you send a glare to Steve who frowns.

"Incident?"

"Steve lost his shield so I had to spend half an hour finding it mid battle," Bucky chortles as your brother nudges you and takes his duffel bag.

"See you in two weeks, N/n,"

"Make it one and a half," He saluted and boards the jet as you step back and watch it fly off.

~~~

"Bucky! I need your knife!" Bucky pulls away from you and looks to his door. He sighs and gets off from on top of you.

"Why?!"

"My shield if face down and I can't pick it up!" You stifle a laugh as Bucky grabs his knife from his bedside table and walks to the door. The winter soldier throws the knife out the door without looking where it went.

"Mother fucker! BARNES!" Sam shouts in agony as Bucky widens his eyes and reopens the door.

"Oh..." You peek from behind the door and see Sams arm bleeding. Bucky grabs a medical kit and throws it at Sam. "Get well soon," your boyfriend closes the door on the hurt falcon and pulls you back into bed.

"We should help him,"

"He'll be fine,"

~~~

98% of Sams injuries are from Bucky

The other 2% is from him being a dumbass

- Anna ❤️