Chapter 22 - Cabin

The team were sitting around the jet, waiting to reach the destination which wouldn't be another 4 hours. Commercial airlines would make it 8 hours but thank god for Stark technology!

Reading your book, headphones on, you turn the next page only to feel eyes on you. Trying to ignore the feeling you look up and notice Bucky giving you glance, only for him to avert them. Noticing your sudden inability to focus on the words of your book you put it away and take out your phone.

Changing your music you sit back and close your eyes. Hoping for easy sleep the feeling of eyes on you never left. You turn to your side and shut your eyes tighter.

~~~

"N/n, wake up," you slowly open your eyes and see your brother standing above you with a smile. "We're here,"

"Finally," you stretch and sit up.

"Let's get settled then we can start planning," Tony grabs his bag and walks out the jet. Doing the same, you lay eyes on a large cabin. A classic retreat like cabin, large enough for the group to stay at.

~~~

Unpacking your things you hand up clothes and set up toiletries. After Nat said dinner wouldn't be ready until later in the night you decided on a shower.

A quick shower was all you had, giving you plenty of time to search up the base using your SHIELD phone. The satellite images were clear enough to see the entrances and easiest escape routes.

Fury had said the way you were all going to get in was the giant party your target was hosting. Of course that was why you brought a nice dress.

~~~

"So what's the plan?" You look up from your dinner to Clint who looked to your brother for an answer.

"I decided on teams and found the easy escape routes," Cap passes a piece of paper around, saying teams from memory.

Stark, Rhodes, Natasha

Wanda, Vision, Sam

Y/n, Steve, Bucky

Thor, Banner, Clint

You roll your eyes and hold back a groan. Your brother went on to explain the plan, something along the lines of: get in, take out the guards, get files, Nat seduces the target and gets him to the jet.

"Everyone got it?" Everyone hums making your brother nod. "Alright, get some rest, the party is in two days," with that, you were the first to leave the table.

~~~

It was a day before the party and you were enjoying a cup of hot chocolate in your room, reading your favourite book. There were a few screams and shout from the living room, nothing to worry about of course, it was just the team playing a board game to pass the time.

As the yells got louder you groan and send a shock wave of ice into the living room shutting everyone up. You sigh at the peace and continue to read only for a knock to be heard.

"Come in," the door opens to reveal Wanda with an icicle at the tip of her nose. "What is it?"

"First off, get rid of the ice," you sigh and click your fingers. "Secondly, what's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong, I'm just annoyed at the noise you guys are making," she hums and closes the door.

"Your emotions say otherwise," you roll your eyes and stand up as she places a hand on your shoulder.

"Stop reading my emotions, Maximoff," you say in a hostile tone.

"You need to talk to your brother-"

"About what? About my pain? My heart ache? My sorrow?" You mock.

"About your hurt," scoffing at the witch you close your book and set it on your desk.

"I'm not hurt,"

"You are, Y/n-"

"IM NOT HURTING!" You scream making her flinch. "I'm not." You open the door harshly. Walking past the group who all looked concerned you grabbed you coat and slammed the front door shut.

"Y/n," you look back and see your brother exit the cabin, looking worried.

"I'm going out for a walk," you mumble loud enough for him to hear.

~~~

Now in the middle of the woods you find a clearing. At the centre of clearing was a small pond and a log which was quite serene. Sitting on the log you stare down at the pond, your reflection blurred by the ripples of water caused by frightened fish.

Conjuring a ice blade you look up at a tree, burying the blade at the centre of the wood. You take another blade and send it into the tree, repeating the process you create a frowning face making you chuckle.

"Concerning," you spin around to the new comer and bring an ice spear to their neck. "I come in peace,"

"What do you want, Barnes?" He sighs and sits down beside you making you shift away.

"To talk, Doll,"

"Don't. Don't call me that." He goes to take your hand only for you to snatch it away. "Don't make it any harder than it is,"

"Y/n..."

"What? What do you want?" You sniffle and move away from the soldier.

"I want to talk... about us-"

"No, there is not us, there was but never again," you stand up and walk back to the cabin. As hot tears streamed down your face light snow started to fall. Snowflakes landing on the tip of your runny nose. Reaching the cabin you walk around the back and sigh. Leaning against the side of the cabin, under the balcony, you take in a deep breath before realising the piling up snow.

Quickly making your way up the stairs you push open the door and dump your coat on the hanger. Discarding your boots to the side you pass everyone again without a single word.

Now back in your room you look in the mirror and see your puffy red eyes, light streams of tears on your cheeks.

"Fuck..." you wipe away the tears and put on the best smile you could to, trying to convince yourself you weren't hurting. Changing into your pyjamas you slip under the covers and bury your head in the pillows.

~~~

The sadness overload makes me so happy uwu

Gimme ur tears 🧃🧃🧃

- Anna ❤️