Chapter 5 - Letters

"That's a big book,"

"Lots of photos," you flip through the pages all the way to World War Two. "Oh look it's pre serum Stevie!" Immediately everyone rushes forward to see a picture of you and Steve.

"Awwww," everyone cooed as Steve covered his face in embarrassment.

"I'll show the baby photos later..." you wink at your brother as he groans. "Oh! Here's from the very first Stark Expo!" It was a picture of a hovering car and a young man showing it off. Next to it was some photos of you and Bucky, and Steve and his very rude date.

"I remember that," Steve smiles down at the photos. You flip the next page and it was of you and Howard Stark.

"Kinda prefer Howard over Tony," you mumble teasingly.

"Oh come on!" Tony folds his arms and huffs.

"I'm only half joking," he scoffs as you turn the page and there was a few of the howling commandos. "Oh! Here we go, this was when the Howling commandos was formed," it was a picture taken by you of everyone at the bar.

"Woah..." you flip the page to the last photos you got of the two boys.

"This, is the last photo of these idiots I got," Steve rolls his eyes. Everyone looked down at the photo of Bucky and Steve ruffle each others hair. "You said you had project about the commandos right?"

"Yeah, an essay and presentation,"

"Here you go," you hand the book over as Peter goes wide eyed. "Use it for primary sources, but make sure you return it,"

"Really?"

"Yeah, of course," you suddenly feel a few letters try and move out. Quickly snatching back the book you walk away and take out the few letters. Stuffing them in the back pocket of your jeans you toss the book back. "All good," chuckling nervously Nat gives you a hard glance as Wanda snickers.

"What are those?" Clint points to the letters.

"What? What are you talking about?" You start to back away as the group stands up.

"N/n..." Steve reaches his arm out for you to give the letters.

"They're just letters from mum!" You quickly take the one letter from your mother from the pile and toss it over.

"What about the others?" Clint narrows his eyes.

"I will ice you," you growl as the main avengers advance on you.

"Give me the letters, N/n,"

"Over my dead body!" You sprint for your room and lock the door, the group banging on the door for you to open up.

"Open up! What are those letters?!"

"Who are those letter from?!" Nat drops to the ground to look between the gap.

"Is it a boy?~" Clint coos.

"N/n! If it's from a boy-" your brothers fist pounds on the door.

"I'm 31!" You retaliate.

"And you were 25 back then! That means you're too young for boys then and still are now!" Groaning, you shoot a wave of ice through the crack in the door making everyone scream at the cold temperature. Running to the secret safe you installed years ago, not to Tony's knowledge of course, you open it up and put the letters in, along with the other things you cherished. Locking the safe again you cover it up with the wallpaper and put everything back to normal. Suddenly Clint bursts through your air vent.