Chapter 23 - Mission

"Everyone understand the plan?" The team nods at Cap. Soon you were sent back to your rooms to change for the party.

Slipping on the long f/c dress you zip up the side and put on your heels before sitting down at the vanity. Placing on eyeshadow and eyeliner you move onto a dark lipstick and blush. Curling your hair and putting it in a half up hair style you take your mask and clutch- oh yeah, it's a masquerade party. (Feel free to change any of this if you want).

"Ready?" You turn to the door and nod at Nat. "You look great,"

"Thanks," you walk faster to the living room where the rest of the group was waiting. "Where is Thor?"

"Right... here!" Thor was fiddling with his tight collar making you sigh and fix it for him.

"You don't have to button up the top, just use the tie to hide it," you mumble.

"Thank you, Lady Y/n," you nod and walk out the door now that everyone was ready. Being the first on the jet you say hi to Bruce who had already gotten there.

~~~

Twirling a blade in your hand, the jet lands a bit from the mansion. Placing on your mask you make the blade disappear.

"A car will pick us up by the road," a few groan making Tony sigh. "Don't worry, it's only a short walk,"

"What car is it?"

"Sedan Limousine," you nod and click on your skates before skating away on a path of ice.

"What's up with her?" Rhodes asks Tony who shrugs.

"She's been like that since you know what," The billionaire adds the last bit quietly.

"Ah..." they all follow the path of ice to the main road.

~~~

As the mansion came into view the group got ready with their weapons. The limo stopped at the drop off, everyone getting out smoothly. Taking your brothers arm you all gracefully made your way up the stairs. Tony made sure your aliases were on the list so you easily got in.

"Remember the plan," the group split off into mini groups, going to do their part. "East wing," you adjust the earpiece as everyone said their location in the mansion.

"The files are in that room," your brother mumbles into your ear as you all get to the second floor. Bucky looked around before nodding to Steve. "Around the corner, guarded door,"

"I'll do it," you walk off from the boys to the guard.

"Miss, you can't be here,"

"Sorry, I'm just a little dazed," you giggle and act drunk.

"Are you alright?" He places a hand on your shoulder making you gasp playfully.

"Aren't you strong," you flirt making him grin. "Are you busy?"

"Not really..." he takes a good look at you before turning to the door he was guarding. "Come with me," he opens the door making you grin. Nodding for the boys to follow you close the door behind you.

"So... what are we doing here?" you trace the collar of the guards shirt making him lean against the desk.

"Anything you want, babe," he leans and kisses you roughly, you stop yourself from pulling away. As he took off his shirt you took the chance to knee him. As he groans on the floor you kick him in the head, knocking him out.

"Asshole," You take out your mirror from your bag and fix your lipstick. The boys slowly open the door after hearing the grunt.

"Did he hurt you?" Steve walks up to you worriedly.

"I'm fine," Bucky looks down at the almost half naked guard and scowls. "What was the file again?"

"Anything to do with cartels," going to the desk first you start to look around. Opening drawers and looking through papers on the desk you sigh and look around to see the boys had no luck.

As they continued to look through the other files you tapped your nails against the oak desk. Hearing a hollow sound you stop and look to the desk. Kneeling down you see a button disguised as a flower carving. Pressing it, you hear a click from under the desk. Quickly walking around you lay under and pull out a box.

"I got something," you look through the files once out from under. "Here," you hand the file to your brother. "That has the info,"

"Good," you hold a button on the earpiece.

"We got the file,"

Good, Nat is luring him out now-

Tony was suddenly interrupted by Bruce's urgent voice.

Get out of there! There are guards coming!

You three look to each other as footsteps approached. Conjuring a blade the door swings open to reveal three guards. Immediately you lodge the blades into each of their chests. They instantly drop to the ground, ice forming outwards from the wounds.

"What was that?!" Your brother grabs your shoulder and turns you to face him.

"Oh, I'm sorry, would you rather have us dead?" You say in a mocking tone.

"No-"

"Then why are you complaining? Does killing go against your moral code?" You growl.

"N/n-"

"Then shut up," Steve pulls away, shocked. Stepping over the bodies you make your way down the stairs. "The guards are dealt with,"

Good. Nat, do you have the target?

Silence filled the comma making you stop dead in your tracks.

Nat? Romanoff? Report back

Nothing. Immediately you looked around the party for any sign of the widow. Without her in sight you made your way back up the stairs where you heard a grunt and thud from behind a door.
Opening the door you see the target with Nat in a headlock.

"Nat!" The man drops Nat and turns to you. As your friend gasps for air you take out a blade and throw it at him. He was quick to catch it and throw it back, only just missing you.

"Pretty woman, such a shame you're on the wrong side," As Nat crawled away to get to safety you approached him with another blade. "Oh! An enhanced!"

"Such an observant little boy," you mock causing him to scoff and dodge the blade. Throwing a punch his way he seemed distracted by this move giving you the opportunity to kick his side. Leaving him on the ground in pain you went to Nat and helped her up.

"Y/n,"

"Come on, Nat," as you both stumbled down the hall you see the target chasing after you. Sudden gunshots ring through the air causing people to scream in terror. Feeling a stabbing pain in your side you look down to see blood.

~~~

Suspense!!!

Suspense!!!

- Anna ❤️