Chapter 19 - Date

Flattening out the dress, you give an unsure look in the mirror. Stepping forward you check your hair before sighing and taking your purse.

"Ready?" You jump and turn to Nat who had a never ending grin on her face.

"You're taking me?"

"Did you want to walk?" You quickly shake you head as she laughs. "Steve is in the gym so he won't be out for another hour,"

"What about when he notices me and buck aren't at dinner?"

"I'm not gonna be at dinner so I'll just say you're with me and Barnes is with Sam," letting out a relieves breath she gestured for you to follow her. "Now let's go before he thinks you stood him up,"

~~~

As Natasha drove off you start to walk towards the gates, children and their parents running around with glow sticks, waiting for the night time tours. Looking around worriedly you don't see Bucky anywhere. Suddenly you see a figure walk up to you.

"Doll?" Your jaw drops as you look at Bucky, his hair back to what it was in the 40s, his stubble gone (If you prefer him with long hair and a beard feel free to change this! ❤️). He wore similar attire to what he would when you went on dates, a bouquet of roses in his hand.

"H-hi, Buck," fiddling with your purse, his eyes seemed to stay on you as you blushed.

"Hi, uhm, these are for you," he quickly hands you the flowers making you smile. "You look gorgeous," holding back the biggest smile he holds out his hand for you to take.

"You don't clean up too bad, soldier," he gives a shy grin as he paid for the tickets. "I just want to say sorry," he looks down at you with confusion.

"For?"

"Being stupid and not realising how much you mean to me," you stop and take his hand. "I shouldn't have thought about Tony, I shouldn't have gone out and slept with a random guy, I shouldn't have played with your feelings I-"

"Y/n," you look up at him. "You have nothing to be sorry about, I'm just glad you're here with me now," giving a shy nod he takes your hands to his lips and kisses it softly. "I just want you to be happy,"

"I'll always be happy with you, James," he gives a soft smile before pulling you closer. "So where to now, Sergeant?" He chuckles and points to the reptile museum. "Jokes on you I'm not scared of Snakes anymore,"

~~~

(If you're not scared of reptiles just pretend you are in this situation for comedic purposes! Also I want a ball python so bad-)

"That was terrifying!" Bucky let's out another laugh as you cling tighter onto him.

"Did you have to scream so loud?" You glare at him as he snickered.

"It attacked me!"

"It was behind the glass," you pout and cross your arms, stopping and keeping your glare on Bucky. "Aw, Doll, don't be like that,"

"You're mean,"  he takes your hand and kisses it again.

"I'll protect you, don't worry," he wraps an arm around you. "Forgive your knight in shining armour?"

"Maybe,"

"What if he got you a hot chocolate?"

"Then I'd definitely forgive him," he grins and walks to the snack bar and orders two hot chocolates.

~~~

As you admired the fish in the aquarium you feel a jacket being wrapped around your slightly shivering body.

"You looked cold,"

"Looked?" You said in a mordacious tone. Giving the soldier a kiss on the cheek you see the slight blush. "Thank you,"

Continuing down under the glass tube, where fishes swam freely above you two, Bucky suddenly stopped you at the side. You turn from the fishes to Bucky who held a small box in his hand.

"I couldn't do this before I left for the war, I planned to do it but I was such a wuss," you look from the box into Buckys eyes. "Writing to you kept me sane, seeing you after every mission kept me alive, I'm sorry I couldn't stay 'alive' for long, I'm sorry for not being there for my best girl," he opens the box to reveal a small ring which resembled a rose wrapping around into a circle.

"Bucky..."

"I'm not proposing, I'm just asking you to be mine again," he takes your hand and hesitated to put on the ring, looking up at you for an ok.

"Of course," you slip on the ring yourself and take him into a hug, kissing him soon after. "Of course I'll be yours,"

~~~

*The gays have entered the chat*

- Anna ❤️