John - If you love it enough, fight for them

"Peyton," I dodge someone as approach her standing at the bar with a scotch, her anger drink. "That isn't-"

"Isn't what? How things were supposed to go down? What was supposed to happen?"

"I'm sorry your upset. But why are you upset? I can take you with me."

She scoffs, lifting the drink to her mouth, "To be the star of the shows girlfriend. I don't think so." She swings back the rest.

"Why are you so upset then? One of us was bound to do something with our lives, that wasn't just being humiliated on live TV

She looks at the empty glass for a moment before looking back at me, "Because I know what happens when people become successful. They want to keep that credit, and success for them selves."

"Well, I don't know if you noticed but we're not really normal people," I smile, but she rolls her eyes instead.

"Can you be fucking serious for 2 minutes?"

"About what? You know, that's it."

"That's it? That's it?! We're you even going to tell me?! 3 weeks ago I still was your best friend."

"3 weeks ago you were the best friend I was in love with," I put my finger up to correct her.

She throws her hands in the air, "Oh, and what am I now? Your rebound girl to get over the best friend you were in love with?"

"Going on tour won't make me different," I lean on the bar.

"Oh, it will."

"How do you know?"

She looks away from me but leans on the bar, looking to the crowds of people, "My mom went on tour, and then she never came back. People realize that the grass is greener on the other side, and I'm never on that side."

"I like the grass I'm on right now just fine."

"Then why change?"

"Because I need to grow. I've been on SNL for 5 years, and I'm ready to be on my own Peyton."

"How do you know that you won't leave me behind like everybody else?"

"Because people don't do that to the people they love. They fight for them. And for them, you weren't worth fighting for."

I see emotion get stripped from her eyes she looks around for her purse or other things. As she gets a 10 out from her wallet she says, "Get a drink John, maybe do some cocaine. Sure you're a recovering addict." The purse clicks closed, "But if you love something enough, you should fight for it."

A/N : Ik that was kinda short. but i write a bunch of chapters a day so that should make up for it. :)