Peyton - Good

My eyes slowly open to the room of machines and beeping noises. I hear the beeping grow higher, and someone stands in the corner as doctors rush in.

"Peyton, I need you to calm down. Peyton-Don't try to talk. Just listen to me, Peyton. It's Kevin, Pey, calm down." I hear the beeping get slower as I start to just breathe. "Good, good. You're in Lafayette General. Do you remember what happened?" I nod. I look behind the doctor to John rubbing his face nervously. "The police are going to want to come in to question you. But you're going to be just fine. Ok?"

He leaves the room, closing the door, John sits in the chair next to my bed, "Are you ok? Like actually ok? Don't lie to me-"

"John, I'm fine." I hold his hand through the bed.

"Was it Drew?" He asks, with beating eyes.

I sigh, "Yes. But sometimes he just can't keep his emotions back-"

"Are you defending him?"

"No, I'm not defending him. But he's not fully
to blame-"

"Did you say that after he kidnapped you for a month?" My mouth partially opens, "He shot you Pey."

"I know, I know."

"Why'd you even talk to him tonight?

"I was afraid of what would happen if I tried to ignore him." I look down at our connected hands.

He rubs my chin with his thumb, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Oh yeah, so I can be the one who got kidnapped." I scoff.

"So I could be the one to beat his ass."

I laugh, wrapping my hand around his forearm still
rubbing my cheek, "It's cute that you think you can."

"You'd be surprised." He kisses me.

"Oh my god. I need to call Colin. Where's my phone?" I look around concerned looking for my cell phone.

He pulls it out of his pocket and hands it to me. I get it from him and dial the phone.