Peyton - 2010, Season 36

"Oh hello..." I mock him and Nick Kroll's voices, walking next to him on set. My head set and script rolled up in hand.

"Hello..." He says back. "And how are we today?"

"I'm good," I sigh. This week SNL was his again. It was again a year or two ago, but it this week it was again.

"You don't sound good," he raises one eyebrow.

"I'm fine! Look, the scene is almost ready, get your ass up there."

"Does my ass at least look cute?" He asks me, showcasing it as he walks.

"Get the fuck away from me," I laugh watching him walk through the doors, following soon after him to see no set put together.

"On the air in 3, 2, 1!" The director points to John standing on the stage.

"Hello New York, as you should very well by now know, I used to be a writer here. For 5 years. And then, in 2010, Season 36, Seth Meyers built up this girl from small town Louisiana up to me, and told me I was going to love her. And man, did he have another thing coming." The small audience laughs. "I met her right when I was becoming sober, and I swear to god, I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the pretty girl across the hall from me, who stole my Mufasa Lion King coffee mug." He takes the steps off the stage, and through the path between chairs. "I never would've guessed that there was someone out there who loved watching SVU, and Mindhunter, and as funny, and smart, and complicated but amazing person as you, Peyton.

"You're the girl who I want to say hello to every morning, and discipline our dog with, and make other people sick, and meet Chip and Ellen Mulaney, and take home for a holiday you don't believe in, and I want to do all of that with you." He finally reaches me in the crowd of writers. I slowly pull my headset down so it's around my neck, and that's where he kneels at my feet, opening a wood box.

"Peyton, will you marry me?"

I heavily breath for a moment, wanting to live in this moment of bliss forever, but finally I smile from ear to ear and respond, "Yes. Yes! Yes, yes, yes." He stands up and puts the ring on my hand, "Other left John," I whisper.

He laughs, taking the ring off one hand and putting it on the other. As soon as it's on he grabs my neck and pulls me into him to kiss him. "Oh, shit." He whispers, "I still have to host."

"Go!" I push him away to run back up to the stage where actors are accumulating. He says the ending remarks on stage rolling credits, but he runs off stage again halfway through and kisses me. I play with the ring around my finger while we stand there, happy.

"Oh go get a room..." Andy says, coming off stage.

I let go of John, "Well I just got engaged Andy!" Then I go back to John.