Peyton - To Peyton!

"Hello everyone. Hi..." Seth says to the crowd of joining people. "As you all know, I've been asked to start hosting a late night tv show." The studio starts cheering. "Yes yes, exciting I know. But, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank every one, as this is my last week here on SNL. It's been 13 years of constant laughs, and I couldn't thank any of you more. But. I thought I would put an end to the writers misery, and finally say that Peyton Arizona will be taking over as head writer. You have all done such amazing work. And I'll be in the same building so, I'll be up to make sure you're all doing your jobs."

After the speech he comes off the stage and finds me, "Hey Peyton."

"Hi, Seth-Thank you so much for the opportunity..."

"Yeah yeah, you deserved it and you know it. Follow me." He begins walking out of the stage and out to the hallway. I follow him around the corner of Typelandia and into his office, "Welcome to the corner office. You've been in here before, but now you can have fun with the corner office." I walk around already planning my writing reign.

"Peyton! There you are." Sandy says behind me. "Are you coming?"

I look to Seth for permission, "Hey, you're the boss."

I smile, "Yeah, just give me a sec." I hear him walk out of the doorway. I look back to see he's gone and walk to Seth and hug him. "Thank you." I feel him hug me back.

"You're gonna do great kid." I let go of him and smile, "Are you gonna come?"

"Yeah, I'll be there, let me pack this up." I smile and I don't stop for the next month.

•••

"To our new boss!" Erik puts his glass in the air, "Let the scripts be good, and the editing be harsh! To Peyton!"

The group clinks their glasses in the middle, "To Peyton!" I down my drink and bang the glass on the table.

"Another?" Andy asks me.

I burp, "Please." He laughs as he goes back up
to the bar.