Mr. Fancy

Tiffany bounced her leg as she sat on the couch. She kept her eyes glued to the clock on the wall. She held her phone in her hand just waiting for it to vibrate. Roman had sent flowers to her apartment with a note that read, "Saturday. -R" At least she hoped they were from him. They exchanged phone numbers at the club last week and had been talked nonstop.

Kat had finally warmed up to him, not much, but enough for Tiffany to feel okay going on a date with him. It'd been a long time since Tiffany had gone out on an actual date. Kat forced her to go on a few double dates every once in awhile, but it was always super awkward.

Now here she was, waiting like a teenage girl, for a boy to pick her up. Kat turned the corner and laughed, "He'll be here soon. Calm down. You're just going to stress yourself more about it." Tiffany didn't move a muscle. Her eyes still stuck on the clock and her hand wrapped around the phone. "What if I fuck something up. I barely know this guy and I'm about to go on an actual one on one date with him." Kat sat down on the couch and faced Tiffany.

"Look Tiff. I know I freaked you out the other night when I said I was worried about him. But, don't let me get inside your head. I think he might be really good for you. You know I'm always going to worry about you. But, that's just because you're my best friend." Tiffany snapped her head over at looked at Kat, "What if I'm not good enough?"

Kat pushed her eyebrows together and wrapped her friend in a hug. "You're insane. He obviously likes you or else he wouldn't have asked you on a date. Plus, if he breaks your heart, we'll wreck his club." Tiffany nodded and returned the embrace. Her phone vibrated in her hand. She quickly pulled back and looked down at the message. "He's here." Kat grabbed her arms and pulled Tiffany up. "Go!! Text me if you need anything. Have fun."

The car ride was silent. It wasn't awkward, but it was silent.

Tiffany watched out the window and counted the buildings as they passed them by. She soon realized she was in a part of town she'd never been to before. The buildings were taller, the shops were nicer, the area was richer. Tiffany moved her head to look over at Roman.

"Where are you taking me?" He smiled at her and grabbed her hand with his. "I was wondering when you were going to ask." She looked down at their hands and felt her cheeks grow red. She smiled softly and looked back out the window. "That doesn't answer my question." Roman laughed and raised an eyebrow as he spoke, "You don't trust me or something?" Tiffany shook her head and laughed, "It's not that! I'm just curious is all." Roman nodded, "Relax doll. You're going to love this place." Not long after their conversation, Roman pulled the car up to the front of a beautiful restaurant.

Tiffany was in awe of how beautiful the building was. She didn't even notice Roman got out of the car, until he pulled her door open. He extended his hand for her to take. Tiffany took his hand and got out of the car, she was still mesmerized by the building in front of her. She smiled and looked to Roman, "Are we seriously eating here?" Roman smirked at her and nodded, "Yes. We're actually a little late for our reservation too." He placed his hand in hers and guided her to the entrance. As soon as they walked through the doors of the building Tiffany gasped, "Holy shit." Roman laughed and looked at her, "I'm guessing you're not used to fine dining?" Tiffany shook her head. "The closest I've ever been to a place like this is Caesar's Palace in Vegas."

The walls were marble and were lined with gold. There were gold decorations sprinkled throughout the restaurant as well. The ceiling was so tall it made Tiffany feel like an ant. The lights were dimmed and every table had a candle to light up all the faces. They approached the host stand and were greeted with a smile, "Mr. Sionis, your table is waiting for you. Right this way." Roman gently tugged on Tiffany's hand as if to remind her to follow. She was taking in all of her surroundings.