Don't Test Me

Roman stood with his hands in his pockets. Tiffany stared through him. She eventually looked over to Harvey who had his head down and was avoiding all eye contact with her.

Roman took a step forward, "I see it didn't take long for you two to get aquatinted." Tiffany crossed her arms, "I've been gone for weeks. How would you know anything?" Roman looked back at Harvey, "How long was it Harv? A day? Two? A week? No no. More like less than two hours." Harvey continued to avoid eye contact.

Roman looked back over at Tiffany, "The silence tells me all I need to know." Tiffany rolled her eyes and pushed her way past the men. She walked over to the drink station in the living room and made herself a drink.

"What the fuck do you want Roman?" Roman clinched his jaw. He'd never admit it but he missed her speaking his name. He turned to face her, "You've been ignoring me." Tiffany laughed and took a sip from her drink.

"No shit." Roman and Tiffany stared at each other for a few moments. Eventually Harvey cleared his throat, "I've got some business to tend to elsewhere, I'll let you two handle this." He turned on his heels and quickly exited the room.

Tiffany avoided making eye contact with Roman, "How did you find me?" Roman took a step towards her, "I figured I'd give you a couple of days to cool down. Had a couple of goons tell me they saw you at Harvey's bar. After that I went to your old apartment, just to check. When you weren't there, it didn't take me long to put the pieces together."

Roman slowly walked over to Tiffany. He carefully took her hand in his and looked down at her, "Come home." Tiffany scoughed, "Home? I haven't had a home in a long time Roman. If you mean back with you, absolutely fucking not." 

She pulled her hand from his and walked over to the couch. Roman stood still and watched her walk away, "You ungrateful little bitch." He quickly turned and moved in front of her. He grabbed her arm and roughly pulled her towards him.

"Let me go." Roman chuckled and gripped her arm tighter, "Why should I? So you can go screw some other dude as soon as you leave?!" Tiffany tried to pull her arm from him, "You don't know what happened! And who cares if I did?! You probably went and fucked every other bitch in your path!"

Roman clinched his jaw, "Shut your fucking mouth." Tiffany rolled her eyes and continued to struggle against him. When she realized she wasn't getting free she looked up at him, "Fine. I did fuck Harvey. Right after I left your apartment actually! He was pretty eager about it too."

Without a word, Roman pulled his hand up and slapped her across the face. Hard. She stumbled backwards but was held up by Roman. She heard ringing in her ear and tasted blood in her mouth.

She looked up at Roman and took a moment to collect her thoughts. He'd never hit her that hard before. She felt tears start to form in her eyes as she grew angry. She brought her hand up to hit him back, but Roman caught it.

She struggled against him, "Is this where you threaten me? Beat me up and call me a slut?! Think about how I feel Roman! You fucking chose Victor over me! He tried to KILL me and you still sided with him." Tiffany felt the tears start to stream down her cheeks. Roman slowly released his grip from her and dropped her arm. "Victor doesn't work for me anymore." Tiffany gasped quietly and took a step back.

"W-what." Roman shrugged, "I looked into it and you were right. Victor was working for someone else. I guess his loyalty to me wasn't as deep as I thought." Tiffany took a moment to try and find the words to say.

She looked up at Roman. Before she even had time to think, she wrapped her arms around his neck and slammed her lips against his. Roman didn't hesitate to return the kiss. His arms snaked around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

After a few moments Roman slowly pulled away and looked at her, "I missed those lips doll." Tiffany smiled softly, just as she was about to say something Harvey chimed in. "I'll take it that as you won't be needing to stay here anymore."

Tiffany looked at Roman and then to Harvey, "Thank you. For giving me a place to stay." Harvey nodded at her and looked at Roman, "Seems like there's new meat in town. Know anything about it?" Roman sighed and took a step back from Tiffany.

"Just what I know from looking into Victor. Seems like whoever it is wants to stay hidden." Tiffany stepped forward, "When I got kidnapped it seemed pretty pointless. Like the person was just examining me... or perhaps testing you." She looked to Roman.

Roman nodded his head and shrugged, "Could be. All I know is that we'll keep you safe doll. You don't have to worry about a thing." Tiffany nodded and wrapped her arm around Romans. He looked over at her, "We should get going."

He laced his hand in hers and started walking to the door. He handed her the keys, "Go start the car, I'll be out in a few minutes. We have some things to discuss." Tiffany nodded and whispered a quiet, "Okay." She planted a soft kiss on his cheek and waved to Harvey.

Roman placed his hands in his pockets and watched her walk out the door. Once she was gone he turned and looked at Harvey. Harvey had a smirk on his face and took a step towards Roman.

"She sure is a fine piece of ass. I can see why you want to keep her around." Suddenly, Roman jumped on Harvey. He punched him in the jaw and knocked him to the ground. Roman got on top of him and gripped his shirt by the collar.

Harvey let out a laugh as Roman threw his arm back and hit Harvey in the same spot. Harvey's nose gushed blood as did his mouth. Roman lifted Harvey and slammed him back down, making his head slam on the concrete beneath him.

Harvey coughed and laughed again, "Your feelings for that bitch are going to get you killed Rome." Roman stared down at the battered man under him. "You don't know anything about me. But, when I tell you not to touch something, you better fucking listen next time."

Roman punched Harvey one last time before standing up. He brought his foot back and kicked him in the gut before fixing his hair and cleaning up his knuckles with the handkerchief in his pocket.

Harvey groaned in pain and tried to speak, "You're going... to.. get her.. killed. You.. aren't.. supposed to... have.. attachments." Roman looked down at him, "She's safer with me than any other clown in Gotham. I run this town. Nobody would be stupid enough to test that...Well, apparently except for you."

Roman left Harvey to fend for himself and finally exited the building. He made his way to the car, making sure any evidence was cleaned up before entering.

Tiffany smiled softly at him, "Got it all taken care of." Roman smirked at her, "Sure did. Come here." He leaned over and deeply kissed her. Tiffany opened her mouth and let his tongue explode hers.

Roman pulled back and smiled at her, "Let's go. We have some catching up to do."