Chapter 51: Disappointing Request

When Huang Qiaoli woke up after napping, she realized that she had been waking up in different places these past few days. But just like the last few times, she didn't panic. She stretched her stiff muscles as if she just woke up in her own room.

Her brother wasn't here so she went straight out to the courtyard. But as she passed the arch, her brother's right-hand man appeared in front of her.

Qiaoli nodded at Yemin and the latter saluted.

"Young miss, the Duke is busy doing a few things. Would you like to have dinner without him?"

Yemin didn't expect their Huang family's miss to stand there and stare at him for a while. He felt his whole person being studied.

It was good that Qiaoli finally spoke. "I'm not hungry. Can you lead me to the prince of Huo Ai?"

She was curious about what her brother told her when they were in the carriage. But she felt drowsy so she couldn't help but sleep. In the end, she wasn't able to do what she wanted to do.

"The prince, milady?" Yemin thought it was such a strange request but now wasn't the time to meet the fifth prince. "It's getting late, it would be best to see his Highness tomorrow."

Huang Qiaoli looked at the orange sky and felt that it was still early. However, her expression didn't change.

"Yemin..." She was sure she remembered his name right as she filed it in her records. Otherwise, she wouldn't care about people's names at all. "By now da ge is probably busy tracking down the people who want to kill me. Just lead me to where the prince is. It's not an order, merely a request."

She smiled at Yemin. When she noticed his rigid reaction, she reckoned that her brother overworked this guy too much.

In fact, Yemin was so used to the Duke's cruel interior and affectionate exterior, he didn't expect their family's miss to be quite cute. It would be nice to have her around from now on. Anyway, he just had to make sure the prince wouldn't do anything funny. If the miss liked to play, he should just accompany her.

The 'cute' Qiaoli didn't waste time having small talk as she followed Yemin only to find the fifth prince tied and sprawled on the floor of the study. His hands were behind his back and his feet were bound by a thick rope too. There was a piece of cloth stuffed inside his mouth.

"Oh, you didn't tell me da ge didn't like the prince to this degree." She said this without much inflection in her tone so Yemin didn't know whether she was joking or not. "Since he's all tied up like this, I'm assuming big brother won't kill him yet?"

Yemin had to take back what he thought. The miss might not be cute at all. How could an innocent little miss talk about killing so casually as if she wasn't bothered if her brother was doing an immoral act? Her first reaction should have been to cry and tell Yemin to go back to the courtyard.

Well, he knew the Duke wasn't an upright man but he somehow expected the miss to be pure. Was it too much to ask for a cute young miss?

Whatever Yemin had in mind, Qiaoli had different thoughts. She wouldn't ask about the enmity between the prince and her brother to the point they tied him like a pig ready for the slaughter. She came here for some other thing.

If her memory served her right, the fifth prince had been following her brother even when they were young. His face was vague in her mind but she had the feeling that the fifth prince was a chubby and tender boy. How did he become like a mummy in a span of fourteen years?

His skin was yellowish, maybe indicating an illness. His body was emaciated and his cheeks were sunken.­

Anyway, his appearance was the least of her concern. What she knew was her brother attended the same classes as the fifth prince when they were young and it included cultivation classes. So logically speaking, Qiaoli's scanner should pick up the same power she saw in her brother, Yemin, and the others on the fifth prince.