Chapter 52: Unpredictable Ending

Huang Li Yun eyed Yemin and the right-hand man knew that it was a signal to get out of there so he silently left.

Qiaoli's brother sighed. "A'mei, if you like keeping pets, I'll give you pets when we're back in Li duchy. You can't keep the prince."

He gave a seemingly nonchalant glance at the prince but Nuan Lin Che felt the chills as he did so. He was sure the duke was still planning to get rid of him.

It was tantamount for the Duke to pluck out future troubles for his sister. He wasn't going to announce that he was traveling back with her as he was planning to keep the circulating story that Qiaoli stayed in Li duchy all these years. Keeping the prince alive meant that there was another mouth that could possibly leak that his sister lived outside Huo Ai for fourteen years.

The nobles firmly believed that anyone who lived in Zhong Xin were lower than those people who couldn't cultivate in Huo Ai. Li Yun didn't want his sister to be the aristocrats' object of curiosity or disgust.

So giving in to her request wasn't feasible.

"Be good, listen to da ge. We can't keep the fifth prince."

But Qiaoli wouldn't give up. "You told me that only cultivators can get out of Huo Ai."

Huang Li Yun was dazed by the sudden change of topic so she continued. "Then, how did he get out?" She gestured to the prince.

"What are you saying? The prince is a cultivator too although he's stuck at the beginner level."

"No, he's not."

The Duke observed his sister for a moment before narrowing his eyes. He wasn't interested in her claim, he was more curious as to why she was so sure.

"Qiaoqiao, tell your brother what you know."

Huang Qiaoli pursed her lips, she knew she wouldn't be able to hide this once she told her brother that the prince wasn't a cultivator.

"I can detect who's a cultivator and who's not."

Seeing that he was still waiting for more, she continued. "I can tell that you and Yemin are almost at the same stage but your power... uhm-what do you call this?"

"Qi," Li Yun supplemented.

"Yes, your qi is more condensed. After Yemin, your youngest subordinate Lu comes next. Then, the big guy Fei Cui. Ying and Gongji are roughly on the same stage too."

The Duke was impressed. All the things she said were correct. "You can't define the stages?"

Qiaoli felt he was looking down on her so she frowned. "Teach me what the stages are and I'll tell you."

She wasn't educated in the names of the stages so she could only compare which of them had the highest cultivation to lowest.

But she was positive that the fifth prince was a normal person. He looked unreliable and she didn't pick up any power from him like she did with her da ge, Yemin and the others.

The mystic aura that she called power was the one she was seeing on her scanner. It was the cultivation of a person. She had classes on cultivation when she was young but back then, she didn't listen to the masters hired by her parents. So she didn't know what it was but it looked similar as what Qin Yu and Si Hai had inside them. She was vaguely aware that she wouldn't have that kind of power even if she wanted.

This prince was also like her but he wasn't as weak as he seemed. In fact, she estimated him to be as powerful as her brother. It was just that his strength wasn't physical.