Chapter 19

At Xiang ChangKong's 'What?' Xu Lian raised a brow.

Xu Lian: What? Are you canceling?

Xiang ChangKong: No, no.

Xiang ChangKong: I just have to look at my schedule first.

Xu Lian: OK, let me know if it looks optimistic.

Xiang ChangKong: OK.

After Xiang ChangKong sent this, Xu Lian no longer responded. But he kept the chat open, not logging out just quite yet.

Staring at the brief chat they just had, Xiang ChangKong read it over and over again before finally touching the keyboard.

Xiang ChangKong: How are you feeling?

Xu Lian looked at her phone and smiled.

Xu Lian: Feeling great.

Xiang ChangKong: "....."

No, wait, did she just say she was feeling great?

Xiang ChangKong: I, I mean how is your body feeling?

Xu Lian: Oh...

Xu Lian: I feel alright, just a little tired. I'm planning on going to bed early.

Xiang ChangKong: Oh, then quickly go to sleep, I won't bother you anymore.

Xu Lian: Remember to check your schedule.

Xiang ChangKong: Un, I'll tell you tomorrow morning.

"Hey, Xiang ChangKong! We meet again." Cheng Peng parked his scooter next to Xiang ChangKong. Under the street light, Cheng Peng noticed something. "How come your face is so red, ah?"

Quickly putting his phone away, Xiang ChangKong packed up his food. "It's nothing."

"You don't look like it's nothing." Cheng Peng gave him a playful look. "Did you get a girlfriend?"

"No, no." Xiang ChangKong headed for his scooter, planning to escape this conversation immediately. Cheng Peng called out to him: "You're going already? But you haven't even eaten yet!"

"I just got another order, I'll eat later." After saying this, Xiang ChangKong rode away. Watching his retreating figure, Cheng Peng thought of a particular phrase.

To flee in defeat.

Tut, tut, tut, young people these days. They fall in and out of love so quickly.

Cheng Peng didn't go after Xiang ChangKong. Instead, he sat on the side of the road and hummed as he ate his food.

Xiang ChangKong rode to another street and parked and ate his food. He took out his phone and opened his chat log with Xu Lian again. Then, after a moment of hesitation, he opened his chat log with Xiang Nuan.

She should be studying right now. Xiang ChangKong didn't want to disturb his sister while she was studying, but there was no one else he could ask.

He sent Xiang Nuan the picture he took of the lipstick this morning and asked: "Do you know what brand this is?"

Xiang Nuan was currently taking a break when she hears her phone vibrate. Taking a look, she was surprised to see that is was her brother. Xiang ChangKong rarely sent her WeChat messages when she was in school. What's more, she didn't expect him to ask her such a question.

Xiang Nuan: That looks like the lipstick Big Sister used the last time I saw her!

Xiang Nuan: I've checked it out before, that lipstick costs more than 600 yuan in China. Wu wu wu [crying]