Chapter 43

In the small park, Weng ShuYi quietly followed Xiang ChangKong home. She took one last glance at the little boy's plane that was buzzing overhead.

Meanwhile, the jittery Xiang Nuan heard their front door open. She rushes towards the door and sees Xiang ChangKong with their mother. Sighing in relief, she asked: "Mom, where have you been? I was scared to death."

Weng ShuLi didn't answer and instead went straight into her room. Xiang ChangKong called out: "Mom, do you want to have lunch?"

Xiang Nuan added: "Yes, you should eat. I'll go heat up the food."

Xiang Nuan went into the kitchen to get the food, but Weng ShuLi didn't intend to eat. Weng ShuLi went straight to her bed and laid down, her back facing Xiang ChangKong.

Xiang ChangKong called out again: "Mom."

Weng ShuLi didn't move.

Xiang ChangKong frowned. As he did so, he inadvertently noticed a phone on her nightstand.

Suddenly getting a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach, a layer of sweat gathered in Xiang ChangKong's palm.

Weng ShuLi hadn't used her mobile phone for a long time. But today, she suddenly decided to turn it on and run away from home. It seems that her actions weren't a simple accident.

Xiang ChangKong entered the room, took Weng ShuLi's phone, and slowly turned on the screen.

Weng ShuLu's phone had a password, but Xiang ChangKong knew the digit-password was just her birthday. Once he unlocked the phone, Xiang ChangKong looked at her web browser history.

Xiang ChangKong's heart practically stopped.

She knew.

Xiang ChangKong looked back up towards his mother, but couldn't say a word.

By this time, Xiang Nuan had heated up the food and had come to look for them. "Brother, do you want to eat together?" She turned towards Weng ShuLi and asked: "Mom, you're not eating?"

Weng ShuLi didn't make a sound.

Xiang Nuan looked at her brother with puzzled eyes, silently asking what was wrong. But unexpectedly, Xiang ChangKong didn't speak.

The atmosphere had begun to feel a little stiff. But the silence was suddenly broken when Xiang ChangKong's phone started ringing.

It was Xu Lian.

Xiang ChangKong gave Weng ShuLi one last glance before walking towards the balcony to answer his phone. As soon as the call was connected, Xu Lian asked said: "Xiang ChangKong, I'm outside your house right now. Where are you? Let's meet up."

Xiang ChangKong subconsciously looked down. He looked at the street below but didn't see Xu Lian. Ah, she might be at the entrance of their neighborhood or at the basketball court where she usually parked.

"Xiang ChangKong?"

Xiang ChangKong came back to his senses and said: "We just found my mother. You can go back home."

Xu Lian was a little dumbfounded. She took a deep breath and leaned back onto the driver's seat of her car. "That's great."

"Are you at the neighborhood gates?"

"No, I'm at the basketball court."

"Wait for me, I'll come down."

Xu Lian blinked, then answered: "Alright."