Chapter 59

On the hottest day of that summer, Xiang Nuan received her acceptance letter to A Normal University's English department. At the same time, Shen Lin had successfully been admitted to the capital's top university, majoring in medicine.

The two universities were located in the same district so they weren't close, but they weren't too far away either.

The first thing every freshman does was naturally, military training. Xiang Nuan wore her training uniform and along with the other students in the English department, got up very early, and returned to their dorm quite late. In the breaks between her military training, some student clubs and associations came by to publicize their groups to the freshmen. It was only then that Xiang Nuan finally felt like a university student.

Military training ended before the National Day holidays. Xiang Nuan took this chance to return home, and when she did, she was entirely tanned.

Xu Lian still remembered that during his food delivery days, Zhang GuoEr had asked Xiang ChangKong what sunscreen he used. Back then, Xiang ChangKong answered that his family simply had good genes and had naturally pale skin.

Now that she was met with a sun-kissed Xiang Nuan, Xu Lian felt that Xiang ChangKong's genes might be a little more biased towards male family members.

Xiang Nuan herself didn't care much. After all, everyone else in her department was similarly tanned and there were way tanner people. Compared to them, she could consider herself relatively fine- though she still asked for a few whitening masks from Xu Lian and began using them that very night.

It was unknown if it was a psychological reaction or not, but after using the mask, Xiang Nuan felt like her skin really did lighten a bit.

After a month of grueling military training, Xiang Nuan took advantage of the holiday and had a good rest at home. She embodied a very salty fish and laid motionless as much as possible. She didn't have to do laps early in the morning, and she could eat her mother's cooking at noon. It was practically heaven.

(T/N: salted fish is someone very lazy.)

It was a pity that the holidays were too short. Before she knew it, Xiang Nuan had to return to her dorm.

Xiang Nuan lived with six other people. She had the chance to become familiar with her dormmates during the month-long military training. Two of her dormmates were local residents of City A, while the other four were from other places. So when they all returned from the holidays, people brought back some local products from home and shared them with each other.

Since Xiang Nuan lived in a dorm during high school, she quickly adapted to university life. However, there was a girl in her dorm room who usually stayed in her bed. She also liked to put down the mosquito net and didn't talk much with the others.

Xiang Nuan originally thought that maybe the girl's personality was just naturally cold. But unexpectedly, when the university asked for volunteers to promote blood donations, she and the other girl were the only ones who signed up in her dorm.

The event was organized by several universities and blood donation stations and mainly tasked the university students to distribute leaflets in different locations. Of course, they would also be appreciative if any of the students also donated blood.

Because it was such a big activity, things were tightly scheduled and people were expected to arrive punctually. Xiang Nuan arrived at the assembly site early and started walking towards the area where her university was supposed to gather.

With her was the ever-silent roommate of hers. As Xiang Nuan walked next to her, she suddenly felt that the girl's temperament was somewhat similar to Sister Xu Lian.